Do you need to Apply mods each time you Load Game?

Spaceweezle

Probably another silly question here. I'm just curious if there are any implications for not applying a mod each time you load up your game.

I have noticed that with mods like S3 Redesigned, the mod specific menu screen reverts back to vanilla when you exit and restart the game. When I load my game, mod content still persists despite that.

Is it considered good practice to apply any applicable mods each time you load, or does it only have to be applied once at campaign generation?

In my experience (which is limited with mods) you only need to apply it at campaign start and it should persist. However, I never just quit and restart without saving first (force of habit, not save scumming). And when I restart I reload from my save. So I never really have any issues with needing to reapply the mod again.

I haven't used the S3 redesigned one though, so maybe there's an issue there. ;)

- Zombie

In my experience (which is limited with mods) you only need to apply it at campaign start and it should persist. However, I never just quit and restart without saving first (force of habit, not save scumming). And when I restart I reload from my save. So I never really have any issues with needing to reapply the mod again.

I haven't used the S3 redesigned one though, so maybe there's an issue there. wink.png

- Zombie

Hey Zombie,

Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, I usually save before exit. I don't have much experience with mods in this game. I am still a bit curious as to why the mod title screen disappears like that. I'm hoping this is normal lol.

Cheers!