lol....so you fixed your comp yet?

#42 Saber Warrior

Saber Warrior

XCAS Nocturnal Cat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 09:11 AM

Indeed, I recommend an anti-virus software and this topic turns into a political discussion.  :)

Not that I don't enjoy reading everyone's views of course.  :)

#43 Ego Terrorist

Ego Terrorist

Leader of the "We love Tammy" Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 09:41 AM

lol, my comp is semi stable-ish...it's not crashing like it used to and its shutting down properly, so right now I'm refraining from typing the arcane spell of "Format c: /s". I'll go on a quest to locate this AVG antivirus scanner. But it had better be smallish, as I'm on glorious 56k!
Dammit I just misspelled on my christmas present list...now I've asked satan for an inflatable Buffy.

Leader of the "We love Tammy club!"

#44 Strong Bob

Strong Bob

Sailor Jupiter is hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 07:21 PM

Saber Warrior, on Apr 12 2004, 04:11 AM, said:

Indeed, I recommend an anti-virus software and this topic turns into a political discussion.  :)

Not that I don't enjoy reading everyone's views of course.  :)
I'd keep going, but I'm afraid an administrator will come along and shut down the topic before it "gets out of hand". >_<

I love having political discussions, but even I know there's a time and place. >_<
Strong Bob's random Star Trek quote of the year:

*Scans rock* "It's dead, Jim." - McCoy

"Very funny, Bones." - Kirk

#45 ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

Veteran Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 12:15 AM

I like having political discussions too, as long as I have some knowledge about the subject. :) I hate it when people talk and talk without really knowing what they're talking about. :)

To quote Confucius:
"Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous."
Proud veteran of the X-COM Alliance Sim
[ JG-7X3 ]

#46 Ego Terrorist

Ego Terrorist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 09:07 AM

Oh feel free to have political debates and all sorts in this topic, I'm only using it for ranting on a regular basis. Lets the steam out nicely. So yeah feel free to use this topic for political and other sorts of discussions.  :)
Dammit I just misspelled on my christmas present list...now I've asked satan for an inflatable Buffy.

#47 Ego Terrorist

Ego Terrorist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 07:21 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! STUPID EFFING COMPUTER!! ARGH!!! I'LL EFFING SHOW YOU WHO'S IN EFFING CHARGE ON THIS EFFING COMPUTER!!!

I know your game, I know that the 'evil one who's name cannot be spoke out aloud in these hallowed walls'. BILL GATES!!! WROTE BUGS INTO WIN98SE and all other MicroEVIL programs so that you could drive me mad! But I'll show you! I'LL SHOW YOU!!

Soon I'll uninstall all the programs on you, my computer, and then I'll back up my important docs to CD...then I'll clear out all of the files in 'MyWork' and then you'll be on your own...just Windows 98SE and me...and then the fun will begin....oh yes it will...I'll start deleteing files in the Windows folder. Oh yes! I will! I'll start with the non critical stuff...like screen savers and back grounds and solitare...then I'll move up to the hard stuff....dlls, System and System32 folders...then if you're still working and havn't crashed I'll delete some .exes and watch you scream!! mwhahaaha HAAHAHAHAHA MWHAAAAAHHAAHA!

And once you're dead, I'll format you, but not once, three times...then I'll partition your hard drive...and I'll install Windows 98SE and Linux MWHAHAHAHA! and the people that know think I'm insane!!! I'll show them and I@ll show BILL GATES THE SPAWN OF A REAL EVIL thingy...and just to make doubly sure that his evil hacking agents can't break my precioussssssss....I'll buy Norton Internet Security and then I'll laugh as they bash against my firewall!

*deep calming breaths* Damn that feels good, better than screaming or breaking my wireless keyboard. I'm quite sane don't worry, but tiredness, mixed with a sticky warm (thunder tonight I reckon) and an impossible number of crashes in one day has made me stress to the point of wanting to break things. But yes, when I get the opportunity, I'm going to format this swine (three times) and I'll reinstall everthing and I might include Linux (can't be arsed to fork out for XP) But not before I put this computer through torture

...stress...computer rage...illegal operations...ack!

:)  :)  :)

#48 NickAragua

NickAragua

Near Lake Titikaka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 07:46 PM

Heh. Man, just use ZoneAlarm (it's free), and steal... uh... "borrow"... no, wait, uh... "license"... a copy of Win2k from work.  :)  Or a friend. It's not like you have to register it or anything.

Win2k is much more stable than Win98-whatever, I can keep my computer on for days and days without rebooting... and it's better than XP 'cause it doesn't have all the "convenience" features.

Worst case scenario, you can buy it. It can't be all that expensive now, especially if you can find an OEM box.

[Edit]:
For even more fun, uninstall random hardware drivers.
[/Edit]

#49 DragonHawk

DragonHawk

XCAS Inquisitor

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:34 AM

The rage of a Briton, never pretty.  :)
Lance Corporal Derrick "DragonHawk" Ko
Combat Engineer, Kappa Team
X-Com Alliance Sim

#50 Strong Bob

Strong Bob

Sailor Jupiter is hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:49 AM

I wonder... Perhaps the computer will take the proverbial "cyanide" pill and have a critical corruption in the data files before you're even able to back up the data. It happened to me recently, just make sure you commence torture real discreetly...

Perhaps try to tempt it into believing your intentions are benevolent by holding a windows upgrade to Windows 2000 in front of the moniter... Just smile and say "here you go, little guy! Nice new upgrade for you" Then while it's distracted, quickly open up your CD burning soft in the background and discreetly copy all your important crap. Then... Throw the Windows 2K box to the ground and stomp on it maniacally, enjoying the tears of shock and sadness from the moniter's eyes... Or screen rather... Then pull out your Linux CD and watch it back into the corner of your desk in fear. Then slowly open up MS-DOS and VERY slowly type "Format C:" while listening to it's rapidly grunting hard drive noise quiver in fear.

That wouldn't be quite as torturous... But more funny to watch in my opinion.

Have fun with whatever you choose to do to your computer, Pickles.  :angel:
Strong Bob's random Star Trek quote of the year:

*Scans rock* "It's dead, Jim." - McCoy

"Very funny, Bones." - Kirk

#51 Loonie

Loonie

Lieutenant And Leader Of The X-Com Genesis Sim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:27 PM

And once you're dead, I'll format you, but not once, three times...

Yup! Precisely what I did. And now my comp purrs like a kitten. No more trouble. :)
XCGS

Martin Kacur
Lieutenant and former CO of Alpha Squad
Reason: A mind-controlled Commander and a whiny outlook on life in general.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users