Jedi: Fallen Order mini review

Space Voyager

Just playing Jedi:FO. A good game, nice story, I'm nearing the end. Erazem loves watching me play and taking over for low level opponents (troopers).

I don't really love the design of the "unlocks", you and your droid getting additional abilities, unlocking new areas in previous locations. So all in all you have a very limited number of "planets" but you are more or less forced to go back to each one several times, spending most time going through same locations, fighting same foes. Like, SAME ones. There are shortcuts available to open, which is good, but won't really let you skip everything but new content.

Also, some locations are pretty complicated to navigate. Not to play though but searching for those corridors to get (back) to a specific location can be a pain and you end up taking the long way, saying hello to troopers you killed several times already. Usually I just run past them if possible.

Not being able to pick up a weapon? REALLY?! Not even when you lose your sabre?! This is a huge step back from most Jedi games of old. Melee combat system is IMO much weaker than in Jedi Academy, too.

Wall running is ok, once you get over the sad reality that walls you can use it on are clearly marked. Much, much worse implementation than in Titanfall 2 - which you MUST BUY AND PLAY, NNNOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!, disregard any need for a bargain (did I really just write that?!), one of the best shooters ever made.

Oh, hidden walls all over. Seriously, this is a really bad aspect. Becomes painfully obvious once you can jump higher - but can't get over much.

The story is good though, also canon. I'd be happier if some "sorcery" seen in the game was described as use of Force though. Perhaps it will be towards the end of the game, will tell.

All in all, worth a buy when 50+% off. bunny.gif

Allegedly no. 2 is in the works, a good news for SP games in general.

Esteemed freelance reviewer - wipe them out - all of them! grin.gif

Well, SV, you seem fairly unimpressed with the planetary diversity for one thing, and backtracking is never that good of a mechanic, as suspicion always creeps that it's merely a cheap way to simply reuse what was already there.

And from the looks of it they do not fear the "gameyness" of some things, like artificially gated sections, in your face interactable and non-interactable things (weapons you see but can't pick up, walls you can/cannot run on) and so on.

Still, the willingness of your young padawn to stick around to watch your daring feats and step in himself are a sign there's some fun to be had and the visuals are good enough. smile.png

Always two there are - the Master and the apprentice. A tradition you're upholding with aplomb it seems.

Thanks for the review!