Phantasy Star Online 2 - any fellow SC ARKS?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NKF

NKF

Mr. Badger in disguise

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 08:14 PM

Hey everyone,

When I'm not playing tactical RPGs/combat simulators, I play other genres too! Shock horror, I know. Posted Image This pandemic nonsense has me finding other ways to fritter away my time.

In this case I want to bring up Phantasy Star Online 2, which is my very first foray into an MMO. A fairly lite and more cooperative focused MMO which amusingly has Blizzard's Diablo credited as one of its inspirations. The tone of the game is the polar opposite.

I was wondering if any fellow Strategycore members are also playing? If you are on the Steam player's default ship, the Ansur, we will probably cross paths from to time.
NKF - finally built a gaming PC in 2020 (though not any of that RGB nonsense). Can now play games up to '89!

#2 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,556 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:34 PM

I'm not playing any MMOs. Not that I wouldn't, just haven't found interest for any yet, also the time needed to properly play one scares me off.

#3 Thorondor

Thorondor

Thorondoropedia - Your source to everything Aftermath

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,949 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 02:30 PM

Ditto.

#4 NKF

NKF

Mr. Badger in disguise

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 08:05 PM

Fair enough. They're also not really for everyone.

Truth be told I have been actively avoiding MMOs all my life. However I was a little more open about this one as I did come with some prior knowledge of the series and the general game loop, having played some of the console releases. All completely offline as standalone RPGs despite being MMO capable.

Time-wise, with this being a lightweight MMO, I am finding it's a bit like a sandbox game. You do what you want at your own pace. There's just other live players around.
NKF - finally built a gaming PC in 2020 (though not any of that RGB nonsense). Can now play games up to '89!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users