Phantasy Star Online 2 - any fellow SC ARKS?

NKF

Hey everyone,

When I'm not playing tactical RPGs/combat simulators, I play other genres too! Shock horror, I know. wink.png This pandemic nonsense has me finding other ways to fritter away my time.

In this case I want to bring up Phantasy Star Online 2, which is my very first foray into an MMO. A fairly lite and more cooperative focused MMO which amusingly has Blizzard's Diablo credited as one of its inspirations. The tone of the game is the polar opposite.

I was wondering if any fellow Strategycore members are also playing? If you are on the Steam player's default ship, the Ansur, we will probably cross paths from to time.

Fair enough. They're also not really for everyone.

Truth be told I have been actively avoiding MMOs all my life. However I was a little more open about this one as I did come with some prior knowledge of the series and the general game loop, having played some of the console releases. All completely offline as standalone RPGs despite being MMO capable.

Time-wise, with this being a lightweight MMO, I am finding it's a bit like a sandbox game. You do what you want at your own pace. There's just other live players around.