Maybe its time to add Xenonauts to Ufopaedia?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 makus

makus

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 04:59 PM

Maybe its time to add Xenonauts to Ufopaedia? )

#2 magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 12:35 PM

I'm neutral, but I'll lay down that if we do add Xenonauts, UFO: After_____ should go in as well.

#3 NKF

NKF

Mr. Badger in disguise

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 05:33 AM

First of all, I am only one voice amongst a community run effort, however I will be brutally honest with my own opinion here and say no.

It is an X-Com-like, but it's not really in the X-Com universe. Including it would mean having to open the door to the many other X-Com inspired games that have since appeared thanks to the success of the reboot series.

From a management point of view for both the admins as well as the editing experience for the wiki users in general, things could get out of hand. I feel it would be best to keep the wiki's focus mainly on the X-Com series.

That said, I do think Xenonauts deserves its own wiki. As long as there is a devoted fan set willing to work on it, I see no reason why a separately run wiki should not be set up.

edit:

Before anyone brings up UFO: AI - I felt the same way about it when it was added as a featured project. However I wasn't too fussy about it at the time as it was put up during an era where there were few successful X-Com projects out there.
NKF - finally built a gaming PC in 2020 (though not any of that RGB nonsense). Can now play games up to '89!

#4 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,565 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 08:03 AM

I agree with NKF. Perhaps a list of X-COM inspired games or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users