1 reply to this topic

#1 magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 02:43 AM

- I know retaliation in both games that's triggered by you shooting down a UFO/sub is always the same race as the UFO/sub shot down.
- I know "scheduled" retaliation in UFO (i.e., the retaliation at the start of the month that begins once you research The Martian Solution) is a flat 20% for each race.

I'm asking about "scheduled" retaliation (i.e. Floating Base Attack) in TFTD (after researching The Ultimate Threat). My first guess was that it was also 20% for each race (Aquatoid, Gill Man, Lobster Man, Tasoth, Mixed), but it's not. No Mixed Crews appeared in over 70 trials; that's P < 0.000001. I'm wondering if someone knows whether it actually uses the Alien Appearance Ratios table or something hardcoded like UFO (and if so, what).

(You can still get a Mixed Crew Floating Base Attack, but only by shooting down Mixed Crew subs.)

#2 magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 04:41 AM

Just did 100 tests in October. 26 Aquatoid, 21 Gill Man, 28 Lobster Man, 25 Tasoth. Could definitely be 25% each, could be some permutation of 30:30:20:20, definitely isn't the 10:10:60:20 in the Alien Appearance Ratios table.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users