Tropical Island Games Part II

NoXTheRoXStaR

Five years ago I posted a list of games to take with you on an island...that was tropical...and you had to choose what games to take with you on said island. Haven't read the first one? Than Click here. Times change and although I still stand by my original list I've decided to expand upon it. In the next couple of months I plan on releasing part 2! Most of these games are strategy related, although there seems to be a misconception of what is a "strategy game as opposed to a "tactics" game. More on that later.....Regardless, I hope anyone reading this is a fan of video games and enjoy.

-NoX

• 2 weeks later...

Valkyria Chronicles

330873-valkyria-chronicles-remastered-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg

From Sega comes a Turn-Based-Strategy-RPG-Anime-War game set in a fictional World War II timeline. The entire series premise is based around a group of misfits who gather together despite their flaws to overcome the greater evil. In turn save their homeland of Gallia which is under threat from the Imperials. I assume they're supposed to be either Nazi's or Commie's.

As of this inclusion, I have to admit I'm almost finished with the 4th game in the series. I completed the 1st game and am...(God Help Me) attempting to get through the 2nd game (Sony PSP exclusive) also.

I find the games to be interesting, unlike the normal Paper, Rock, Scissors-esque many strategy games of the genre fall into. Rather a deep beneath the surface game that focuses on tactics and the occasional "save scumming". Sure there's a lot to nitpick about, there's elements of the game that need to be refined and some would suggest be omitted. Overall though the series is charming and will easily fix your strategy/tactics itch.

This is representative of the entire series. The 1st and 4th iteration are the best, the 2nd (while again being a PSP exclusive) The 3rd game was a Japanese exclusive. Yet, fans of the series have gone to the trouble of translating it to English, (DLC not included). Google it or if you need help finding it, PM Me. I won't submit links that might put this website in jeopardy of copyright claims.

-NoX

(Though I'd like to make another top ten, sadly I've boiled it down to 5)