C&C Classics, perchance reborn?

Make C&C great again?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Will the C&C Remasters right the wrongs of C&C 4?

• Absolutely Yes - Petroglyph will atone for EA's Sins.
    • Yes - If 2K can revive X-COM, there's hope.
    • Perhaps - We should all forgive and forget, but C&C 4....
    • No - They ruined C&C Generals 2.
    • Definitely No - ALL THINGS EA MUST BURN IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EA and Petrogylph have decided to remaster the original Command & Conquer and Command & Conquer: Red Alert series. With the "promise" of no added DLC.... What's your thoughts? Can one if not the best RTS games of all time be made again in 2019? I hope so.

-NoX

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes Space, the best real time strategy game will forever be C&C.

Have you played the somewhat newer RTS', like Planetary Annihilation, Ashes of the Singularity etc.? I only played Sins of a Solar Empire and it was quite good. Perhaps the stellar setting (like, in space...) makes me a bit biased.

• 4 weeks later...

Have you played the somewhat newer RTS', like Planetary Annihilation, Ashes of the Singularity etc.? I only played Sins of a Solar Empire and it was quite good. Perhaps the stellar setting (like, in space...) makes me a bit biased.

Please sir, never mention those "games" in the same vein of the original C&C games. I have, and in doing so I set an orphanage on fire.

whistling.gif Mechanical Man...

Thanks Thor, and Space for keeping this thread alive in one way or another. XCOM and C&C were the reasons why I got into PC gaming.

There's speculation that the sales of these remastered games will sell greatly. I for one hope so, yet there's that niggling premise that EA has screwed over it's fan base one too many times. Regardless, there's talk of a remastered C&C Tiberian Sun and RA 2 remaster....

Let's see how the Westwood Studios games remasters sell before we (me in particular) pass judgement.

That's my 3 cents.

-NoX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks Thorondor!

I've watched this video about 6 times now. Partially as a fanboy and partially as a critic of EA (Spits). While I enjoyed the improved graphics and...(Zooming) I would have liked to have seen the iconic sidebar. I still have mixed feelings about this.

First, I've read a lot of comments on the official posts from EA and the YouTube comment section. It seems people want revamped FMV's. Although I myself would like that as well, I don't see it happening.

Second, The inclusion of the Red Alert spin offs makes me think that this will be a $49.99-59.99 debut.

Third, and lastly. A lot of fans clamor about "Remake RA 2, Generals" etc etc. Wouldn't it make sense from a business point of view to see how the initial sales go before progressing forward?

RIP George!

-NoX

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Once again I have to thank Thorondor!

After watching this video it just goes to show the love and dedication of classic video games. I clearly have to retract my last statement I posted a bit as i'm glad to see that the FMV's are in good hands. It's a shame that not all of the FMV's from the original games resurfaced on the PS1 versions, but what do you expect? All in all things are looking up. Let me say before I go, that I still vehemently hate EA.

The fact that this Producer had to spend money and time trying to track down what EA should of had in a vault, should raise a red flag to not only the reckless abandon of priceless artifacts and inability to cherish them. EA has a lot more groveling to do. (You killed a lot of franchises)

Until next time friends,

-NoX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcaVLVBGG70

Hear a sample of how Frank Klepacki and The Tiberian Sons are bringing their incredible sound to the Command & Conquer: Remaster project.

::

Also:

It's time for your first in-depth look at the Command & Conquer Remastered Collection, featuring both Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert along with their three expansion packs!

Find out how the experts at Petroglyph Games (including some of the key members of the original Westwood Studios team) and Lemon Sky Studios worked closely with the community to create the ultimate C&C experience for original and new fans alike.

Not only are these genre-defining games back, but they're also better than ever - and beautiful 4k resolution is only the tip of the Tiberium crystal. From improvements to UI and controls to bringing back the original composer, Frank Klepacki, to remaster seven hours of music (including hidden and unreleased tracks), the C&C Remastered Collection's got it all.

Tune in

tomorrow at 2PM GMT/7 AM PT! cool.png

What say you? Is anyone going to get the 25th edition? The special edition, or the digital? Personally I own every C&C game on physical media. So I'm going for digital since the games don't have a physical release. Shame but I'll take it, for 20 bucks.

-NoX

• 3 weeks later...

In a previous statement I said....

"What say you? Is anyone going to get the 25th edition? The special edition, or the digital? Personally I own every C&C game on physical media. So I'm going for digital since the games don't have a physical release. Shame but I'll take it, for 20 bucks.

-NoX

I thought it was all digital. Now I must revoke my last statement,

I had to kill my first born child in order to get the 25 Anniversary Edition...

R.I.P.

Azrael Strife

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...