A good driving/racing game?

Do we have someone more knowledgeable in driving/racing game category? I'm looking for a not-so-hardcore game with force-feedback support to have some fun with. Next I'll be looking for a cheap but very good force-feedback steering wheel. :D But the game first...

So the game should have force-feedback support, not be a super hard game and only have the racing part, no team management or anything. Any good suggestions?

Well, SV, I hear you (among the crickets tongue.png) but I'm probably the last person you'd want to consult on such games given how badly I usually perform in them. wink.png

Still, I've taken a brief look and here are some of the more likely candidates for you:

- Grid 2 (no cockpit view though I think)

- TrackMania 2: Canyon

- Dirt 4

- Forza Horizon 4

::

Do be mindful some racing games out there have rather draconian DRM software attached (akin to the reviled Starforce and others) which can embed itself in annoying ways in your machine and sometimes even cause performance degradation. So, do your research beforehand.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1JvCNpvT44

The fourth game in the series, GRID delivers intense wheel to wheel racing action, spanning four continents in some of the world’s most famous city streets and race circuits. Choose cars from GT, Touring, Stock, Muscle, Super-Modified and more, across race types including Circuit, Street Racing, Ovals, Hot Laps, Point-to-Point and World Time Attack.

GRID strikes the perfect balance, offering risk and reward for every type of racer. Handling is incredibly responsive with a learning curve that appeals to both casual arcade gamers through to the core simulation racers. Progression is rewarded through liveries, player cards, team mates, achievements and driving accolades. AI drivers push the player to their limits to earn a place on the podium and ultimate victory in the GRID World Series Championship. Realistic damage can affect both the car’s performance and handling and too much contact with the same racer will see them emerge as a nemesis who will stop at nothing to get their revenge in the race.

Be prepared to get behind the wheel - Grid is getting a reboot on the 13th of September. Pre-purchase now possible on Steam.

[Official site]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually went to see an F1 race in person once, over a decade ago, as the local circuit is very close by.

The cars make a heck of a lot of racket and, let me tell you, it doesn't take long for one to even lose track of who is in which position. tongue.png

All in all, SV, you're indeed probably better off watching the speed demons on TV - or maybe driving one of those cars yourself, in a comfy chair at home... wink.png

The 4th round of the ETRC on Slovakia's famous Slovakiaring.

The simulation pushes the limits of what's possible, and everything has been designed to guarantee players all the thrills of racing in these spectacular races.

FIA ETRC will be available on 18 July

• 2 weeks later...

The only official simulation that features all the unique characteristics of the ETRC and offers all racing fans a completely new driving experience: race a giant 5-tonne, 1.000-horsepower truck against 12 competitors while respecting the race rules to avoid penalties.

FIA European Truck Racing Championship is now out and available on Steam. During the first week, those who purchase the game get the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for free.

• 3 weeks later...