A good driving/racing game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF71f0Z-m4U

::

The latest DIRT 5 early gameplay takes players to New York, with classic Ford and Peugeot rally cars battling on the frozen East River.

This Ice Breaker event by Roosevelt Island is at the dead of night, with incredible lighting, atmosphere and fireworks making for a unique racing experience. Up to 12 cars can battle it out in Ice Breaker events, with multiple layouts and locations available.

@Space Voyager

I'm late but how is the search going, have you heard of Live for Speed (not "Need" lol...)? Even though it released in 2003 (and in some minor parts it still looks that way) I got a feeling you may like it. And if you like it then you will love it and refuse to play any other racing game.

I'd hate to spoil the first impressions for you so just grab the free demo and hop in. Very old school stuff, many intuitive customization options, low system reqs, all the good stuff. Multiplayer is where bread and butter is (from casual, beginner, to pro) but you can drive single player (alone or with bots). I'll just say to may knowledge, and many others, this is the most accurate commercially available simulation of driving a car. I heard Valtteri Bottas made his first steps there. Poor sucka should have stayed longer and he would be Champ already...

It's still in active development but very slow progress due to one coder and one artist/modeler. Its peak was '07-'10 when it had a large active community. I stopped playing in '17 I think, after being addicted for over a decade, due to saturation. And I wasn't even a fan for racing games to begin with but stuck with it, so that's saying something. You lemme know, susjed Janez.

I like my impressions spoiled before I invest my time into a game, so I checked the YT for gameplay vids. Looks pretty decent really. But I do have a feeling my kids aren't too ecstatic over driving games and they aren't my first choice either.

I'm sure things would change with a half decent steering wheel... Something Santa might deliver at some point. :D

With MXGP 2020 you can fully experience the excitement of the current MXGP season, competing with 68 riders from both MXGP and MX2 categories on the 19 circuits of the 2020 season. Starting as a rookie, players can choose their path to glory: joining an official team or creating their own.

Your new MXGP experience is coming... More real than ever!

To be released on the 10th of December.

Check out this latest DIRT 5 gameplay, as we head to China to take on a point-to-point Rally Raid event.

Rally Raid is just one of our point-to-point event types in DIRT 5, combining split routes, different terrains and incredible landscapes for some awe-inspiring races. Here, you're seeing a Rally Raid event in China, hurtling through paddy fields, iconic monuments and traditional villages to create an epic off-road route.

This Rally Raid event also shows off cars from DIRT 5's Modern Rally class, including the Skoda Fabia R5 and the new Ford Fiesta R5 MKII! Trucks, buggies and many more vehicles can also participate in these events, with up to 12 vehicles on track.

• 2 weeks later...

The first free update of WRC 9 arrives with new content! Jump into the unknown with the 6 new stages added to the iconic Neste Rally Finland. Put yourself behind the wheel of the Hyundai i20 WRC as the New Zealand driver Hayden Paddon. Finally, save your favourite moments with the brand new Photo Mode!