6 replies to this topic

#1 magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:38 AM

I'm partway through making a mod of Apocalypse with Apoc'd. It is partially a balance mod, like karadoc's, but it comes at a lot of things from a different direction. About the only thing that's really the same in both is that Toxin A and Toxin B don't ignore shields. It also addresses the issue of some UFOs being literally worthless to research besides points, while others are completely required; the quantum physics tech tree has been massively revamped so that several different UFOs are capable of unlocking a given tech (the Mothership does have a couple of unique techs associated with it, but they're not necessary for victory).

One thing is bugging me, though: is there anyone besides me to play it? I don't see a lot of people posting in this board, and I don't really know any other boards where there's an active Apocalypse community. It feels kinda silly to keep making tweaks if no-one's going to enjoy it.

So, uh, post here if you actually want a magic9mushroom-flavour mod. Or know somewhere where I might find more people.

#2 makus

makus

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:16 PM

View Postmagic9mushroom, on 28 September 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

I'm partway through making a mod of Apocalypse with Apoc'd. It is partially a balance mod, like karadoc's, but it comes at a lot of things from a different direction. About the only thing that's really the same in both is that Toxin A and Toxin B don't ignore shields. It also addresses the issue of some UFOs being literally worthless to research besides points, while others are completely required; the quantum physics tech tree has been massively revamped so that several different UFOs are capable of unlocking a given tech (the Mothership does have a couple of unique techs associated with it, but they're not necessary for victory).

One thing is bugging me, though: is there anyone besides me to play it? I don't see a lot of people posting in this board, and I don't really know any other boards where there's an active Apocalypse community. It feels kinda silly to keep making tweaks if no-one's going to enjoy it.

So, uh, post here if you actually want a magic9mushroom-flavour mod. Or know somewhere where I might find more people.
Heya @magic9mushroom dont know about strategycore but you can find many Apoc fans at OpenApoc discord =]  https://discord.gg/0nS950g1olwDxzXB

#3 makus

makus

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 01:29 AM

Hey M9M hows your mod going?
btw want to mention that skin36 doing something like Apoc.D but better  and its WIP

#4 magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 08:33 AM

View Postmakus, on 09 July 2020 - 01:29 AM, said:

Hey M9M hows your mod going?
btw want to mention that skin36 doing something like Apoc.D but better  and its WIP

More or less done, although there are a couple of things I still need to alpha-test (alien tech levels might need to be slowed down given the somewhat-increased amount of UFOs, and I need to make sure the Battleship and Mothership loadout fixes actually work). Once I've done those and done my own playthrough test it'll be beta-test time.

#5 makus

makus

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 09:06 PM

View Postmagic9mushroom, on 09 July 2020 - 08:33 AM, said:

More or less done, although there are a couple of things I still need to alpha-test (alien tech levels might need to be slowed down given the somewhat-increased amount of UFOs, and I need to make sure the Battleship and Mothership loadout fixes actually work). Once I've done those and done my own playthrough test it'll be beta-test time.
thats nice glad to hear that!

#6 Skin36

Skin36

Apoc reverser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 04:09 PM

If you need help developing a mod, write. I have already developed a patcher. It is also possible to edit the code of the original game by injecting the code (inserting a new part of the code).

#7 magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 10:32 PM

View PostSkin36, on 19 September 2020 - 04:09 PM, said:

If you need help developing a mod, write. I have already developed a patcher. It is also possible to edit the code of the original game by injecting the code (inserting a new part of the code).
The stuff I've needed help with, I've asked for as I needed it.

The roadblock is mostly in testing whether my changes work properly, not in making them in the first place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users