1 reply to this topic

#1 magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:38 AM

I'm partway through making a mod of Apocalypse with Apoc'd. It is partially a balance mod, like karadoc's, but it comes at a lot of things from a different direction. About the only thing that's really the same in both is that Toxin A and Toxin B don't ignore shields. It also addresses the issue of some UFOs being literally worthless to research besides points, while others are completely required; the quantum physics tech tree has been massively revamped so that several different UFOs are capable of unlocking a given tech (the Mothership does have a couple of unique techs associated with it, but they're not necessary for victory).

One thing is bugging me, though: is there anyone besides me to play it? I don't see a lot of people posting in this board, and I don't really know any other boards where there's an active Apocalypse community. It feels kinda silly to keep making tweaks if no-one's going to enjoy it.

So, uh, post here if you actually want a magic9mushroom-flavour mod. Or know somewhere where I might find more people.

#2 makus

makus

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:16 PM

View Postmagic9mushroom, on 28 September 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

I'm partway through making a mod of Apocalypse with Apoc'd. It is partially a balance mod, like karadoc's, but it comes at a lot of things from a different direction. About the only thing that's really the same in both is that Toxin A and Toxin B don't ignore shields. It also addresses the issue of some UFOs being literally worthless to research besides points, while others are completely required; the quantum physics tech tree has been massively revamped so that several different UFOs are capable of unlocking a given tech (the Mothership does have a couple of unique techs associated with it, but they're not necessary for victory).

One thing is bugging me, though: is there anyone besides me to play it? I don't see a lot of people posting in this board, and I don't really know any other boards where there's an active Apocalypse community. It feels kinda silly to keep making tweaks if no-one's going to enjoy it.

So, uh, post here if you actually want a magic9mushroom-flavour mod. Or know somewhere where I might find more people.
Heya @magic9mushroom dont know about strategycore but you can find many Apoc fans at OpenApoc discord =]  https://discord.gg/0nS950g1olwDxzXB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users