There's no way I can sit like that. In my hayday back in '94-95 when I was in a weight training + conditioning 1-credit college course where we would do intense stretching at the start of each class in preparation for the planned activity which ranged from weight lifting, running, circuit training, aerobics, you name it - yeah but that took weeks. I've been blessed with crappy legs. Count yourself lucky.
I don't think you can totally appreciate the difficulty in that. Quarter round moldings are a quarter of a circle and therefore nowhere is actually flat. You have to make absolutely sure that the tape adheres to the bottom of the molding so that the paint will not get behind and with it being circular you can't use a putty knife to press down on the tape, you gotta use your fingers which isn't ideal. Add on the fact that you'll be laying on the ground makes it even worse.
Well, that area could still be used while the painting/construction commenced but because the room is a converging area there would be disruptions in traffic flow. Not only that, but if I did one side of the room, I'd be expected to do the other side too and that side is much more difficult as there is a homemade shelving unit bolted to the wall plus the small cooler is pretty close to the wall as well (can't walk behind it or even squeeze in there to do any work).
I've been working at this job for long enough to have probably identified most, if not all, the potential projects (say that three times fast). Identifying a project is only part of the issue because you also have to determine if you undertake it how will you do it? Would you need specialized tools? How much would it cost? How fast can you get it done? When could I do it? Do I need help with it? Would the boss or other employees complain or shoot the project down before it starts? All that has to factor in at some point. If it's do-able, then you have to decide if you are going to start on it first or pitch it before the boss. Sometimes it's better to start the project if it isn't busy and doesn't require much materials. Other times I'll run it past the boss to see if he'd want it to get done - especially if it would take a long time or cost a lot.
I have to apologize for the lack of before pictures on most of my projects. Trouble is, I'll normally have a bunch of stuff running concurrently. Some will be in a state where not much has been done and I don't know if I'll get to them. Other projects will be active but only being worked on a little bit each day - OR - I worked on it and made decent progress before I get the camera out. Sometimes I'll have an emergency project I need to finish first where I can't be bothered snapping a lot of pics. So a lot of these pics will be at the tail end of project.
Case in point: you may remember that I painted a cart and had that sitting in the greenhouse (it's usual spot). The problem with that cart is that the back wheels are worn through the rubber down to the plastic which makes it tough to push sometimes. It's easy to say "replace the wheels then", but it's never that easy. No sir, these wheels are welded on to the frame. So unless I bring the cart into a metal fabrication shop to have the welds ground down those wheels aren't coming off anytime soon. We have an identical cart where the wheels are not welded to the frame so I started working on that a while back. Got the wheels off, but had a hell of a time with it because of the rust (never used, never painted). Can't reuse the wheels because one of the axles is jammed inside the sleeve. Found old casters when cleaning that lower flat, decided to use those. Took them apart, cleaned and painted them. Likewise primed and painted the frame of the cart. That happened little by little over the last few weeks. Today I found some time to attach the wheel assembly to the frame of the cart - needed to drill 4 holes for each as these wheels mount differently. Lost the key to the chuck of the drill somewhere in the greenhouse, needed to go to the hardware store three times to figure out which one fit correctly Then ended up using the bit in the drill anyway. I'll get pics of my progress tomorrow hopefully.