{Aftershock UFOAS} Crash at cinematic scene Research

laclongquan

I decided to return to UFOAS after a long time away. The last time I play UFO AFter game is AL in this rig with no problem. So I thought surely there's no prob with AS.

It freaking crash at Research cinematic screen.

You know, after starting (tuto doesnt count) we got a few cinematic screen right? And then the first battle, right? Okay, after that is the World map with 2 territories, untracked yet. We can click on most screen with Research (probbabbly) lead to a cinematic scene/video.

It freaking crash to desktop (or black screen then crash) without prejudice.

If I use ACM mod (reason of this rerun) it at least saying something about report to windows with some inexistent file.

If I run 1.3, or 1.2, or 1.21, it doesnt even bother with that. Just a black screen then crash.

My rig is 4GB RAM, windows7Ultimate, card nvidia geforce 210.

I stress that the three cinematic screen before the 1st battle is fine. Why would the Research cine affect me now?

Really hope some kind soul still wander this hall.

Souls may wonder, but not necessarily with any clue what's going on. Mods tend to break games. I know I couldn't play AM with ACM. Have you tried XP comaptibility? Maybe it's just the mod that's broken and you can't do anything about it. Heck even I had issues with GoG version. Had to be extra careful with Pillars of Death not spawning and had issues with cinematics during invasion on asteroid.

I install ACM and play Tutorials, then 1st mission with no problem. Even the screen video (cinematics) happened after Tuto and before 1st mission, happened normally. Shouldnt that mean the Research event happen normally? Yet it didnt.

Even uninstall ACM and play it with vanilla 1.2, 1.21, 1.3 doesnt help.

I might have reinstall AS, then ACM... Not that I expect it to be any help.

I test it on one laptop. Also doesnt work with Glossary and Research screen.

I test it on another computer, supposedly stronger than my home machine. It can show the glossary screen but freeze at Research. The save game after that glossary screen, but before Research, was tried on the original machine. Freeze on both screen.

It might be graphic driver but I think more likely a problem with Windows process.