Space Voyager

Unfreakingbelievable!!!

OUR TEAM WON THE EUROPEAN BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Smallest country to ever win!!!

AAAAAAAAA!!!

I haven't watched any sports for a looong time but now, naturally, I was unable to resist and watched the last four basketball matches. Incredible. I'm so proud of these people, they went all in every time and there was no egoistic macho crap to be seen. I was hardly able to hold back tears, I admit.

Congratulations, SV! cool.png

By all acounts it was a very well disputed match which took unrelenting determination to take home the european championship title.

The captain, Dragic, seems to have had a paramount influence on the outcome, galvanizing the team precisely when it was most needed.

Well done - you are the champions!! smile.png

• 1 month later...

Crap, Dragić will not be playing when Slovenia takes on the world... I'm sure Americans paid him heaps of money not to attend. https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/SpaceVoyager/Smiley/crying.gif

;)

Damn shame, as he really was, as Thor wrote, the key glue that held the team together. The difference between playing with him and without him was painfully obvious and one of the rare moments when the team played just as great without him was the final few minutes of the championship, when he was so dead tired he just couldn't go on. The team played for him till the end.