Did you know?

magic9mushroom

I knew about MC soldiers being able to fire unresearched alien weapons. I used to do alien base "smash 'n grabs" to get points, weapons, $ etc, but one time the base I encountered was Sectoids. My team managed to kill a few of the bugs, but the Cyberdiscs were especially vicious so I decided to abort and try again some other time. One of my soldiers dropped everything to go downstairs and ferry a dead Sectoid carrying a Heavy Plasma back to the green room. Unfortunately he was MC'd and over the course of a few rounds proceeded to kill nearly a quarter my squad who were trying to huff it back to the room to abort. Lesson learned: always drop alien weapons in-between turns. wink.png

Knew about the second one also from my PSX playing days. Ethereals can really mess up a mission quick, especially when you are running a lean ship with only 4 soldiers. Two soldiers were killed during the first round from lucky shots (forgot to deploy smoke), and the next round MC attacks started. Lesson learned: if you are dealing with Ethereals, you need to kill as many as you can every round as quickly as possible. rolleyes.gif

- Zombie

Did you know:

- Right clicking on the zoom buttons in the Geoscape sets you to maximum or minimum magnification?

- In the Dos version, when entering text files such as soldier and base names, ctrl+backspace creates a copyright symbol?

- In the Gold/Collectors Edition, the numeric enter key doesn't work when entering text fields?

Todays obscure facts brought to you by Lobsterburger, turquoise and the song of the Volga Boatmen

- NKF

The story behind this one was that I had a disastrous crash recovery on a Sectoid Terror Ship. Two soldiers were clearly low on Psi-Strength, as they were attacked every round, so I slotted them into the concave bits of the UFO's hull to maximise attractiveness and went in with my remaining four soldiers.

Three of them got shot by a Cyberdisc that had somehow managed to get onto the second floor of the craft. Worse, the Cyberdisc's explosion blew out much of the floor material, rendering any further attempt to get to the Leader futile. And the one who was left turned out to be yet another psi-puppet. So I had three soldiers, who kept getting mind-controlled, against a Sectoid Leader too cowardly to come out and actually shoot them. I decided to try and retrieve as much gear as I could before aborting, but when one of the soldiers shot another with a Plasma Pistol the Leader was able to mind-control the two remaining soldiers at the same time and thus win the mission.