New Characters, perks & modding charts

brandeburg

This new topic to bring my modest contribution to modders if it migth help.

The charts,perk trees, weapons tabs, items I.D, Weapons in game data... will be little by little put here.

This are from the old mod we try to create with friends10 years, ago, and I wish all this work would have been done for some purpose.

May be !!?

First I had to explain that we change everything about game playing, so pass your way if you like silent serie in them original rules.

1.every bullets from a caliber and a type (ex: 9x19 luger type FMJ) made the some dammages in all weapons of the same categorie (ex: pistol categorie) = explanation for gaming purpose, a FMJ 9x19 shot from a luger P08 is not more powerful than the same shot from a P38 Heerespistol Walther, or from a browning Herstal GP35, the muzzle velocity are quiet the same?

with this first rule there is not preference interference (oh I prefer the luger design, so the P08 will make a lot of dammage...no way for this, so forget my topic if you thing so). The difference will be durabilities to break and the total, without ingerence_a crap is a crap.

But the same FMJ 9x19 will do differently with submachines guns, barrel longer, muzzle velocity, but all this are in the game calculated, will see later.

2.Characters interesting perks and useful for the game playing came to long, or could never be reach in the original game.

So we changed every aspect of characters and we created 4 new classes. explanation: a sharpshooter is useful if he can shot at range frome the beginning, so the first perk is "increase shot range".. and so on.

Stop explanation for today, now the new class character.

As now man can reach easily level 30 or 40 before the end of game, with game play improvment as did Mister Blunter.

So I changed the 4 original classes I did, to fit with that and create 7 new class class perk tree:

Medic (Sanitäter); Rifleman and some of them radio operator (Schütze-Funkmelder); Machine gunner (l.MG. Schütze), Marksman (ScharfSchütze); Sapper/engineer (Pionier), assault trooper (sturmläufer); skirmisher (Plänkler); saboteur (saboteur).

Why seven classes? in original game you got plenty of troupers and you never need them, in sentinels, you pick the less expensives ones and lead them safe to the end of the game: myself I never play with other than the cheapest Carmen Abala or even Zinaïda.

So If someone are editing good missions, you can imagine some missions will need pur figthing as breaking trough ennemy lines, and require common soldiers as riflemen and Machine gunner, other more tactic and longer a medic a radio, and sappers (enter in ruined city full of traps), special lurking ambusch missions with marksman, flankers and first aid man (convoy attack, stop an enemy special force team...), a commando mission not requiring to much discretion for assaulting a heavy defended trench positions or building (Stalingrad, monte Cassino, Tito's lair...) with assault trouper and riflemen, and finally sabotage/ assassinat mission with reduce force (2 or 3) in city in civilian to avoid civilians scream and alert, or policemen or even dressed in ennemy uniform to kill a scientist, a general, or just to terrorize civilian.

today I show sanitäter with new Medical items proper to each country, here germany. I change the HP booster bottle to Pervitin and Novocaïne tablets, 8 to 12 hours duration, but addiction!! ,

Good stuff, brandeburg!

I like the idea of different dedicated classes.

Did you, by any chance, develop the perk trees themselves?.. (a perk with this ID/name leads to that/those one(s)... and also their tactical/gameplay justification.)

I think it would be of great help to, at least, start that discussion...

There is a fine line between creating an irrelevant class and a dedicated class, while avoiding making them over-powered.

I would like to create a few of those "just right" ones. smile.png

The same goes for various enemy classes (Similar to my "Grunt", "PK Operator" and "Zombified"), since they didn't have any classes, except for the blanket 'Enemy', in the vanilla game.

Keep going! yes.gif

~ Blunter ~

here are the 3.0 version with ID

some entrence where change, lower or increased %, some are purely forgotten:

as 0 AP for look, because it is to much powerful, you turn around to find target without cost, so no balance, and when ennemy does the same it is boring in gameplay time, see ennemy turning around 10s or more!!

Evade area, so you have now to hide more and scare explosive & grenade, same for ennemy.

Increase sigth angle to much powerful, you see ennemy at back, without you can be surprised too and you have to turn head often to see at rear, so lose of AP and game play more difficult, same for ennemy you can surprise more easily..

May be to do the same with Good Evasion??? because Grenadier become immortal.

change Perfect medecine knowledge to give with this perk possibility to give first aid to inconcious character (avoid dying from bleeding to team member, allies or ennemy you have to interrogate later.

prolong medical treatment give you access to counter poisonous medical items (in the mod we try to create medical tools as pliers, bullet extractor did not have anymore duration, just have to clean it after one use with chloroform or alcool. Medical tools take place in an inventory (4x,4y)so do not need to lost them.

on the contrary Bandage pack are 1 use but 1x,1y. coton are 4x,4y, but 3 use, tourniquet tool 1x,1y stop critical bleeding, counter hemmoragic powder are 1X,1y but 1 use only, so the Doctor is really fun to play and need First Turn No Penalty and Auto First Turn Interrupt.

Oh yes I have to explain that the three guy team I worked with, change weapons range close to real weapons practical range, Medium and easy handling stats. and so one. so it was real furious killing parties (we try our weapons and new scene Hotseat). I will put all RPG. tabs weapons gfrenades, items, very soon.

May be it could give idea or as a help filling the numerous charts required to change the game!!! crazy work indeed, it is why I do not want it to be lost.

the perk tree are following, let me time to copy them to avoid the screen captures.

• 4 weeks later...

Endlich alles ist fertig.

I hope not to have too much mistake.

Today the Medic with explanation I gave to Mister Blunter:

MEDIC :

is a first line soldier who should react quickly to help wounded, an act first in turn (got perk move first in turn 23, vangard 27) to stop bleeding and critical conditions. A medic is always on the run under fire, the one the ennemy want to kill.

He get a pistol (he is NCO) and rifle or sMg. No hand to hand because he must avoid contact as he is to important for the troop.

When he is in the vicinity of allies the moral is good =INSPIRATION perk.

(New medic shotscreen Italian and soviet NKVD will be here soon.!)

RIFLE MARKSMAN or Sharpshooter.

The rifleman sharpshooter should done "one shot one kill"... he should not be a third party but with Machine gunner an important character: Man should be advise that in wood, in trenches assault or in town without wide avenue his power is reduce.

He is not a SNIPER (class already ingame), this character shot from very far distance, prefer to "work" alone (solo perk) always trying to find the best location to do a good shot with her/his rifle with telescope, a one she/he adjust. Working alone it is necessary to have "Burglar" perk to open doors, to reach any places good for shoting.

Here explanations coming from dialog with Mister Blunter:

About scope:

in fact very few Sniper rifles could snap shot, the telescope position not allowed to use aiming device, and most of them do not have aiming devices: rear sight, and fixed base are removed, the front sight group is entirely removed from the barrel: Britisch rifle N°4MKI* (T); US. rifle 1903 sniper. German scoped rifles got a mount for ZF 4 type scope with a special hole in it for close combat, with soviet PE and PEM scope it's difficult, but easy with PU scope side monut.

The problem with sniper rifle is that the scope mount when they are above the bolt, they forbidden an easy reloading : impossibility to use clip for fast reloading :

But what is a problematic for real weapons is good for game playing=Most of scoped rifles can be operated as a single loader by placing one cartridge directly into the chamber, or the magazine can be filled by removing the five cartridges from the clip and loading them separately into the magazine = Britisch rifle N°4MKI* (T); US. rifle 1903 sniper, U.S. P14(T), Mauser Kar98 or Gewehr 98, Mosin.

So the rifleman with his scoped rifle is powerful from long range, but got a Rifle which require lot of AP to reload, something like 50 to 55.

post-3660-0-10063800-1503670827_thumb.gif

post-3660-0-42495400-1503672230_thumb.gif

Today Sapper and Machine Gunner

The sapper In this concept, is a first line soldier, making way under fire through barded wire, watch for mine, disarm booby trap, land some mines, mortar shells or grenade (adjustement of dbo. data for grenade as mine, PK shells as mine..).

_But He knows how to throw grenade too =this is what he pick with him up ...full bag, (as master perk), to avoid to be "disarmed" so close to enemies; he throw explosive bag in the bunker firing openning, and use flamethrower (why not ? using ray weapons plot, changing rays into flames ...teehee.gif ).

_He knows too how to use rocket launcher (here grenade launcher rifles_new weapons to create), because his knowledge about fortification demolition is on top.

_He should be as silent as possible to prepare is dirty trick and stop ennemy assault or fiend skirmisher.

_Solo perk=he is working alone far from ally fire points. And can enter a frenzied close combat, with his showel or hatchet (need for this weapons to do more damage and ajustment as in original game a hatchet bonus to hit or critical is less than a knive, and a sharpen shovel is deadly).

Machine gunner is the most important piece on the check in usual fighting confrontation, protecting from far the advancing troops, or waiting ennemies in a gorge or street with stoping fire; or helpful too during commando infiltration, in case of bad encounter?

_He uses grenades as well to retreat in hurry or during fight in wood or urban combat's house cleaning.

_he get a side arm, pistol or revolver, in case of.

_INSPIRATION perk because other fighter feel well protect with a Machine gun spitting on the assaillants.

post-3660-0-09967500-1503746686_thumb.gif

post-3660-0-89955100-1503746696_thumb.gif

Tonight the RIFLEMAN & the ASSAULTER.

RIFLEMAN characters are common grunt with a rifle or carabin, are using hand grenades and or grenade Launcher, With time they are knowing pretty good how to use their rifles, and pack as group can do deadly middle range stopping/suppresive fire with high perforation and penetration bullets. _They are more mobile than Lmgunner and equipment less heavy and less expensive.

In the originals game you seldom using rifles because they have too short firing range (need to be increase), and inaccurate careful shot (careful shot require more AP with only 20% more accuracy ; this is frustating & useless to use=> careful shot should double the chance to hit the ennemy).

_They are not specialized in melee but when require, they are doing fierce melee to try to survive.

_ as the other they have run for life, first trainning at the army, and body carrier 42 to secure wounded comrade (42 speed should be increasing, soldier are running with a wounded friend on his shoulders, ennemy' bullets are deadly too).

Could be nice to do a radio operator, 1 only on 5 other rifleman (need a new perk, using & fixing radio) and this guy wil increase moral of his allies =INSPIRATION = the ennemy guy you should nail on the door with SP or FMJ (soft point and full metal jacket bullets).

ASSAULTER is the assaillant of the team, always on running, prefering light weapons for close range shoting, as pistols revolver or sMg (if you are modding H & S you will understand), he is the best in grenade throwning and melee. This guy is the best for cleaning houses, trenches, killing with knives or whatever he got in his hand pick, saber, even rock;

_he is a shock commando who open the way through ennemy lines, but do not ask him too much about medecine or mines.

_He is a grenadier XL, Pervitine addict under feldgrau uniform, or using vodka in soviet uniform.

post-3660-0-95221600-1503794264_thumb.gif

post-3660-0-81067800-1503794276_thumb.gif

Edited by brandeburg

Here are the 2 last classes Saboteur and Skirmisher, each of them have run for life

SABOTEUR is a spy agent, working solo or not, hand to hand an cold steel fighting expert, expert engineer to hide explosive device, but not a demolition expert as the sapper.

_He knows ennemy VP (65) to eliminate them more easily, use only pistol silenced or garrot, or knives, he is a modern war "NINJA", using ennemy uniforms and false identity to lurk or ambush his/her target. (kind of Smersh or SOE/OSS agent, SD or Abwher...).

SKIRMISHER are well trained soldats in ambush and protect the flank of other troops.

_They are sniper (oxford dictionnary: fire shots from hidding, make sly critical attack.) with noiseless weapons sMg pistol rifles but from close to mid range, not a sharpshooter (here in this configuration), his suppressed weapons with subsonics ammunitions can not reach long distance target.

_He works in team with other Skirmisher (kind of SOG member during vietnamese conflict, or SD Fallschirmjaeger Kommando, SAS/SBS) and can use any type of light weapons to even take ennemy' s arms in case of harsh encounter.

you may read this manual to create other classes as well : FM21-75 scouting patrolling & sniping (link is okay by now)

https://archive.org/...ting patrolling

post-3660-0-72454400-1503824659_thumb.gif

post-3660-0-95597800-1503824667_thumb.gif

Edited by brandeburg

• 1 month later...

Here is for modding weapons in H&S

Today I put shellshot, slugshot and buckshot Ammunitions'chart for Shotgun and Hunting gun, to fit the 2 ways to create in game Shotgun and Hunting gun firing mod:

-1.made grenade type ammo (shotguns are grenade launcher or not)

_2.consider these shotguns are not grenade launcher but rifles and using "normal bullets" type ammo, and write RPGWeapons fields. ShotsInOne =all).

Buckshot.zip