Silent Storm developers team up with Christ Avellone, making Pathfinder

The developers who made Silent Storm (and HoMM5, and Allods online, and Rage of Mage2) are back in action with Christ Avellone, the veteran of such legend as Planescape Torment, Fallout2, FNV, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2.

Great gameplay designers and great story teller. I can not wait for this shit! Start the hype train!

https://owlcatgames.com/

is proud to unveil it is developing Pathfinder: Kingmaker – the very first isometric computer RPG based on the highly popular
Pathfinder
Roleplaying Game
. Additionally, helping shape the game’s narrative is Chris Avellone, who has worked on a variety of RPGs over the years, including
Fallout 2
Fallout: New Vegas
Planescape: Torment
Neverwinter Nights 2
, and
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II

Pathfinder: Kingmaker will take players on a tour through the infamous Stolen Lands, the dangerous and turbulent territories well known within Pathfinder fandom. The computer RPG will revisit familiar characters and well-known locations of the series’ lore as well as treat players to brand new adventures, deadly foes and unforeseen twists and turns. Fans of the fantasy pen-and-paper RPG will experience its epic, heroic universe in new ways while computer RPG gamers will discover their favorite genre in a more contemporary light.

"I’m a Paizo fan, and a Pathfinder fan. I like the setting, the art style, the adventure paths, the card game, and the iconic characters. I’ve enjoyed playing Pathfinder with my friends (we used to be part of an Ocean’s-11 style game), and I’ve enjoyed the comics, the world, and the overall setting," said Chris Avellone."I’m excited by the prospect of bringing Pathfinder to the computer RPG world, and hope gamers will enjoy playing in the Pathfinder universe."

Owlcat Games is working very closely with Paizo Inc., the company behind the world-famous pen-and-paper RPG, to ensure a truthful digital adaptation of Golarion.

“I am very excited to be working with Owlcat Games on the first computer RPG for Pathfinder,” said Lisa Stevens, Paizo CEO. “Kingmaker is one of my all time favorite Pathfinder Adventure Paths, and from what we've seen from Owlcat Games, it is in good hands and promises to be an amazing addition to the computer RPG field.”

Pathfinder: Kingmaker will challenge players as both adventurers and rulers as they will be able to claim explored lands and carve their own kingdom from the wilderness. Kingdom founding will go beyond simple stronghold-building to become a true reflection of the hero’s character and choices made throughout the game. Each kingdom will be a living thing shaped by alignment, choices, allies and the hero’s ability to lead his or her people.

Owlcat Games is excited to show its unique ideas for Pathfinder: Kingmaker during PaizoCon 2017 this month in Seattle. For more details about Pathfinder: Kingmaker, please visit the project’s official site:

EXPLORE, CONQUER, RULE!

JOURNEY TO THE STOLEN LANDS

Welcome to the Stolen Lands, contested territory for centuries. Defend yourself against the threats of wilderness and rival kingdoms as you explore a world rich with history, magic, and conflict.

COMPANION FOCUSED STORY

Experience the adventure alongside living and breathing companions, each with deep stories and decisions of their own. Love them, adore them or hate them for who they are.

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

Customize your character and companions with a multitude of options available in Pathfinder to make the perfect party capable of overcoming insurmountable challenges.

KINGDOM

Establish your kingdom in Stolen Lands, claim new territories, and build towns and cities. Be a wise ruler or a heavy-handed tyrant.

NARRATIVE DESIGN BY CHRIS AVELLONE

«I’m a Paizo fan, and a Pathfinder fan. I like the setting, the art style, the adventure paths, the card game, and the iconic characters. I’ve enjoyed playing Pathfinder with my friends (we used to be part of an Ocean’s-11 style game), and I’ve enjoyed the comics, the world, and the overall setting. I’m excited by the prospect of bringing Pathfinder to the computer RPG world, and hope gamers will enjoy playing in the Pathfinder universe.»

Chris worked on most of Black Isle’s internally developed projects, including Planescape: Torment, Fallout 2, and the Icewind Dale series. He then went on to work on Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Fallout: New Vegas. His more recent work includes the Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition with Beamdog Studios, System Shock 1 Reboot with Nightdive Studios, and Arkane Studios’ Prey.

WHO WE ARE

Owlcat Games is formed by developers who still remember how it was to make your game run on 32 Mb RAM. Since that time, we gained quite a lot of experience on our way to the 20th level of “true game developer”.

team-1.jpg

Alexander Mishulin

Creative Director. Knows everything. Rumor is that around 20 years ago he was unable to answer a specific question about multi-classing once but no one survived to prove it.

team-2.jpg

Victor Surkov

Art director. Draws at night, hides in the shadows during the daytime. Suspected of drinking the blood of outsourcers.

team-3.jpg

Alexey Drobyshevsky

Technical Director. So sneaky that even the first version of Unity was never able to force him into a corner.

team-4.jpg

Oleg Shpilchevsky

Studio Head. Crazy enough to make hardcore «brain-required» games.

Since we had been working on the Evil Islands RPG series, back in later 1990th, and we were frantically playing games like Baldur’s Gate, Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale, it became our dream to make a story-driven single-player computer RPG. Thanks to the recent great games of this genre, we realized that there are a lot of people as passionate as we are about classic isometric RPGs we used to know and love.

We have the experience, motivation and above all the passion for making Pathfinder: Kingmaker a big new RPG game!

So, the first Pathfinder CRPG is not developed by Obsidian. Even more, apparently it's published by My.com, the publisher of Armored Warfare. Is Paizo already a member of exes of Obsidian club?

:Source: Steal from Codex because too lazy to gush beyond first paragraph