Starting mission with a live alien in X-com inventory loadout?

Never seen that before! just started a mission, sub assault, and along with the hardware, there was a tasoth squad leader, spark out, as inventory. Anyone noted this happen before? It woke up mid mission and started trying to use its psyker abilities, after jumping out of an aquanaut's hands. Didn't get anywhere though for trying since the squad are a real hard-boiled bunch by now, to whit, it got promptly shocked senseless with a thermal tazer. Came back alive.

Heh, I've been thinking the same thing for some time now. I'm almost considering buying a digital copy and gifting it just for the heck of it.

But this issue goes back to UFO so isn't new to TFTD. I don't know if it is native to the game or it has to do with Xcomutil's map generator, but the coordinates of the alien's body isn't being set properly and is defaulting to the coordinates for the equipment pile. This alien must've been hit by the fringe of the IBA explosion to survive, as it's more often than not a corpse that appears.

- NKF

Issue? only ever seen it the once. And only the one, the tasoth. But yes, my x-com games are squirrely as dog shit pulls in flies.