Help me find this one strategy game!

Hi guys, i'm here looking for help, this is my very first post on this website.

So i'm looking for this one awesome strategy game that I used to play in like 2004 or 2005. I have not been able to find it since, i do not know the name of the game, but i do remember the game itself and i would like to describe it here in hope that someone knows it and tells me the name.

So it's a strategy game, where you play either human or monster race, when you choose human it's pretty much basic futuristic stuff, space ships, cool buuildings and so on, typical stuff. But when you play for the monster race (and this is what made me like this game so much) you don't build any buildings, you start off with like 2 or 4 spider looking monsters, and you have to build your army from them, you have two options, either you clone them, or you transform them. Cloning is when you put two montsers to sleep, they create a cocoon around them, they both connect, and from 2 monsters they become 4, so they multiply like that, and that's how you get your numbers, and once you got enough clones you start transforming some of them, like making them next level, they start off as these harmless spiders and with each transformation they become deadly monsters. And as you progress you choose what to make of them. And in the end you just fight these humans. Also they have to be near some kind of water or crystal area to get energy from it to clone. So this is pretty much what i remember, and I hope someone here recognizes this game and can tell me the name, so i can find it and play again. Thank you so much.

At first hint it smells like Earth 2160 and Morphidian Aliens, they require only water as "currency".

Omg, that's it, it's Earth 2160. Wow thank you so much.

It's weird, i knew the name Earth 2160, and i knew i played this game, but for some reason i was sure it's not the one. But it is :) Thanks.