Logs and Stuff

Strong Bob

The question becomes whether anyone else has logged... :blush: I did, but my computer crashed too many times that day, so it's pretty incomplete.

Best thing to do is to write what happened in your team (security room, right?) and IonMage can write about the B team's experience in the command center, then you can lop it all together.

You don't have to write it in the same way that Loonie does - he almost goes into a story-like mode. That's above and beyond what's required. The important things are the general operation and the results. I tend to write shorter de-briefs, just hitting the major points. For example, for the last one, you might put in something like:

Aerial reconnaissance was conducted by Pilot Evander and Co-Pilot Scott over the target area. Radar/radio sensors were ineffective at locating the stockpile, but IR scanners showed a sizable heat source underneath the largest hill in the area.

The hill and surroundings were inspected upon arrival, and were determined to be artificial in nature. A cairn on the top of the hill provided a marker for the base, as well as an entry mechanism. Activating the cairn opened the entrance to the subterranean warehouse through a nearby smaller hill.

Contact was made shortly after entry. An unsecure area for temporary storage was guarded by two warriors and two automated gatling lasers. All threats were eliminated - the gatling lasers by distracting the turrets in order for Private Goorit to shoot critical components, and the guards via ranged combat and psionics.

Entry into the warehouse proper was attempted but prematurely ended by contact with another Ascidian squad. A combination of rifle fire and grenades reduced the threat, but the grenades set off secondary explosions that resulted in the release of liquid fuels.

X-Com chose at this point to exit the facility. The stockpile was destroyed when the base' hydrogen compressor caught on fire and exploded.

Personnel involved and aftermath type of headings are optional - nice to have, but not critical.

Uh, you wouldn't mind if I copy/pasted that, right? :blush:

As for the underwater base thing... I think Ion was on my team. (Correct me if I'm wrong please.) I was on the team that captured the Gits, though I have no idea whether that was Security or the Command room or not. ;) But someone else that was on the other team would be so coo' as to do half the de-brief with me, well that'd be just great! ;)

Okay, since nobody from the other team has said anything I'm going to wait until friday to write up the de-brief for the underwater mission. If nobody relates to me what happened on the other team by then I'm going to wing it with what I remember, and I don't remember much other than what happened in the last 10 minutes of it. So, if an accurate de-brief is desired, somebody please tell me something. Or I'll just have to exclude the other team completely. :blush:

You can fudge it. ;) A brief outline:

1. E'Colus drops X-com into water.

2. X-Com swims down, assaulted by all manners of marine life (electric eels, or something of this nature).

3. X-Com locates entryway - the base reactor's exhaust line.

4. Yorke and Kacur undo the grate, reactor exhausts - 15 minutes until the next exhaust.

5. X-Com scoots in, undoing another grate on the way. Yorke, in his uber-skinniness, gets past the two people ahead of him. :blush:

6. Ilyuschenko pops the hatch of the subtank - X-Com enters the reactor room.

7. Reactor room is empty. Argument ensues as to where to go next. ;)

8. Team 1 under both officers moves to attack the security area. The assault is successful - they capture some of the information that they are looking for.

8. Team 2 attacks the command centre, and captures two enemies after a brief firefight.

9. Both teams fall back to the hangar bay and leave.

I'm not sure whether someone crapped the reactor on their way out? I can't remember how the sim ended, but I know the base didn't explode.