Ascadian or Ascidian

Mouse Nightshirt

ascidian

\As*cid"i*an\, n. [Gr. ? bladder, pouch.] (Zo["o]l.) One of the Ascidioidea, or in a more general sense, one of the Tunicata. Also as an adj.

ascidian

n : minute sedentary marine invertebrate having a saclike body with siphons through which water enters and leaves

==========

Now, that is Ascidian for you. It already exists and would not really add to anything if you described those big creatures in the sim as minute sedentary beings. Ascadian, whether it's a typo continued from the start of the sim or some random figment of the original creator's imagination -- does sound a whole lot better and is a currently non-existant word. Therefore, Ascadian should be how they are called, regardless of what X-Com Alliance may state. The sim is already quite different from Alliance anyway -- so why stick to that fact if the rest doesn't matter anyway?

Well, in the UFOpedia, under the section Aliens, you will find that it is spelt 'Ascidian' The Alien report was written by myself so I believe that to be the official way of spelling it (Unlike the Muton report which I do not consider official as it wasn't written by myself)

Admittedly I started off writing it as Ascadian, but once you're told to change it too 'Ascidian' by the upper eschelons then you decide that this is the way.

Ascidian - The intelligent way!

I just remembered his line from someplace. Anyway I'm not sure he did come up with it but that it was someone else and he then responded "See, pez" :blush:

Anyway........a tie! I guess that means we call them what we will and that the point is actually quite moot. We know what the word means anyway. Wether it is spelled with an "i" or with an "a". :dontgetit: