South Korea has no interest in a free North

So often I find the North (admittedly a horrible, horrible place) blamed for the lack of reuinification between the North and the South of the country. However, while I doubt the North would be a fan of reunification, I feel the South is just as opposed to the notion, despite all of the propoganda suggesting otherwise.

The fact is that the South is unable to contend with the massive amount of refugees that would inadvertently spill in from the North. This is probably a huge part of the reason that South Korea, the U.S, Japan send food aid to North Korea, to try and minimize the number of immigrants trying to cross the border. Of course the DPRK's nuclear tests are a sort of (threat) for that food aid to essentially continue, but frankly I think the U.S and the South are much more concerned with a toppling of the Kim Regime, resulting in an invasion of immigrants that will make the Arab spring look like a vacation.

Anyway this is just a laymans interpretation, with the little research I have done regarding the issue. What do you guys think?