Game just wont work. Help if possible please.

stavros

If anyone can help me get this game working then that would be great. I will give all the information I can but if anything is missing that would help, then please let me know and i will see what i can do.

Firstly, I'm running windows 10. I have installed Afterlight, went to run it but got absolutely nothing. I clicked on the icon on my desktop and again, nothing. I then went to www.ufo-afterlight.com to see if there might be a reason for it and i noticed that there was a patch available (version 1.7) so i downloaded it and updated to version 1.7

Again I have tried to run the game but this time i get an error message appear that states "The program can't start because OpenAL32.dll is missing. Try reinstalling to fix the problem".

I looked in the installation directory and low and behold, OpenAL32.dll is right there so i can't see what that problem is.

I also looked into running the game in windowed mode but can't find an option to do that.

I have also looked into running the game in Compatibility mode for windows XP but once I have right clicked on the Afterlight icon in the desktop and selected "Properties from the drop down menu, there is no option to run the game in any compatibility mode.

I am trying to run the game on my laptop which is sporting an Intel Core I5 4200U Quad core CPU with 4GB of RAM. Currently running Direct X 12.

I doubt that this will be the problem as I have no trouble playing games that are graphics heavy such as X-Rebirth for example.

Any help here would be much appreciated as i rather enjoyed this game when I could play it on my desktop PC..

Thanks in advance for anyone who may be able to come up with a solution.

• 1 month later...