Am I Freaking Out Even More?

Chrysalid_zombie

Okay, I know it, you know it, hell the pizza delivery guy probably knows it! I'm crazy in a 'wierd freaky guy' way, but now I'm starting to think I'm crazy in a 'needs actual medical treatment' way... I've noticed a large global system of looping coincidences centred on me, with more being added every day. To start this tale, I take you back to XCAS the early years... or year, as we've only ad two so technically... Shut up! I'm freaking out here!

The old guys will remember it, and some of the 'newbies' :blush: may have seen it, this trail of madness starts at... Lobster Magnet!!

Years ago, this crazy animation spawned the lobster/magnet references that still appear today, and I've not met a single person in my real life who has seen it. The animation clearly hasn't made a huge impact on mankind, and this was many years ago. Remember this lobster/magnet combination, for it is both the start and end of our story.

The next part of this madness is the strip creator web site. It allowed us to make XCAS themed comics by assigning each other wierd characters from the selection and making a whole host of insanity. Much fun was had. My character was some cat holding guy, but my young Jackson character, for my flashbacks was this pac-man T-shirt wearing kid. He also had a squirrel that followed him around and tried to kill him and scare him. Remember this character and squirrel combination, it will come back to haunt me!

So I fast forward a year or so, and I suddenly get hooked on Sluggy Freelance, a web comic, the best web comic (FACT!) and I read the decade of archives over the course of two months on a slow modem and I finish it and although wierd coincidences happened in this, they aren't vital to this wierd rant. The point is, after about a year and a half, I started reading web comics. I started looking for more web comics and got hooked on 8-Bit Theatre (third best web comic ever). This was good, and more archive reading took place. So after a year and a half and a bit I needed another web comic, so where do I look? I go to Penny Arcade on recommendation from a friend (second best web comic ever). I read the archives again, nearly die laughing, and then actually look at the characters... I mean really, actually look AT them. I almost scream. I AM ONE OF THE CHARACTERS!!! The T-shirt wearing Kid in the Strip Creator, it was Gabe! I was Gabe! And Gabe is attacked by squirrels! Squirrels with guns at some points! He's also crazy and goes around stabbing people in the eye with a can opener (okay, he does it in one strip...), that's my dream when I'm in IT Support! I'm freaking out! After a year and a half and a bit it turns out Strip Creator characters are in fact taken from other online comics and I was Gabe! I'm in a conspiracy! I swear!

So then I need more web comics, so with shaking hands I go to the links page at 8-bit theatre and look for another one. I scroll down the list... There it is... Lobster Magnet! ARGH!!!! It's been around for about two years at least, and there it is, mocking me or something!

So the question is... Did I just waste a portion of your time with trivial crap, or am I the centre of a wierd conspiracy that will end in the Earth's destruction? Well!?!?

Links:

Sluggy Freelance

Penny Arcade

8-bit Theatre