Downed USO turning into two-parter?

Tsathoggua

Alright, random X-com-util squirrellyness causing business as usual to get its christicles in a twist (hence the 'as per usual' bit;)

A small craft of some nature, just so happened to tear the shiny foil wrapper off X-com's christmas present for this year early, winning a nuclear-tipped torpedo-guided all inclusive family trip to Davy Jones' locker, (dearly) departing immediately, no purchase neccessary.

So off they all went on holiday, and being so kind and generous, The local X-com commander thought it would be unforgivably rude if they did not show up to host the party. So off they went and about to host, they are.

Only, somebody, SOMEONE is going to get a right royal bollocking potentially, because it appears as though somebody spiked the punch bowl with enough LSD for both crews to end up totally spannered. Because upon landing, its all weird pyramids instead of seafloor. Same as alien bases can look like. One immediately visible is possessed of a large number of yellow glowing tiles. I.e, an exit pad.

Is this, being there should BE no second half, a safe mission to undertake? whats likely to happen once the last bug on the surface of the seabed gets eradicated with extreme prejudice, and of course the obligatory rookies getting one leg of their diving suits suddenly rendered warm inside. Could this cause a crash? Quicker the better on this one, reply wise, sorry to bother you guys with a 'please be fast replying'

Alright, this is weird.

There is a USO down at the bottom of the briny, AND an exit pad.

Race of the (top at least, if there IS a bottom) crew is aquatoid. So far anyhow. Potted a reasonable few 'toids, two with a gas cannon, one with a really nice long-ranged shot from prone position, aimed shot with a hydrojet, resulting in a mini-torpedo streaking its way some 3/4 the way across the map, one 'toid suddenly, one presumes, clicking out whatever ultrasound-based speech/squealing translates to ''I accept fishjesus as my lord and saviour I accept fishjesusasmylordandsaviourIacceptfishjescreechWHUMP! Oops, too late, we're all out of redemption today, please deposit sixty pence to continue your call, thank you''.

*shark jesus sends a miracle to a hungry passing Chlamydoselachus, silently wriggling it's eel-like way through the black, icy depths of the oceanic abyssal plains*

What you're describing is the top level of an artefact site, one of the new kinds of terror mission in TFTD.

I think the answer to essentially all these questions you keep asking is going to be "your copy of TFTD is corrupted". There's no point asking the same question 50 times, you're just going to get the same answer 50 times over. Your game is borked. Nobody can tell you what's safe or unsafe because you aren't playing the same game that we are. Strange things are probably going to keep happening forever, and we aren't going to be able to explain them because we don't have your corrupted copy of TFTD to test with.

Anyone wants it, I'll copy it wholesale, saves and all.

Its just...an interesting peculiarity, not encountered anything like this before, even with squirrely copies.

Just wondered if anyone has indeed encountered this kind of thing, specifically the two-part-part.

And I know what an artefact site is. Cleaned up enough of them over enough games to recognize one when I send in a team to one. I just haven't ever seen it happen that there is a UFO actually parked there.

Kinda neat actually. Wish it had been a large one, or a battlecruiser though, or maybe a supply ship, that'd have been fun to take down.

Hell, might even give people ideas when writing mods, to have craft, more than one, even, stationed at the alien site.

Going to save, and then keep a save from the top level before going to have a crack at the second part, if there IS a second level.

Figured that might be it.

It didn't generate a second level, trying both eradicating the enemy infestation, and aborting using the transport chamber, the result of that was a successful recovery of the USO despite the active (conscious) alien left present. But incomplete recovery of the loot.