Another mod for S3: Yes/No?

WerHeruvim

Planning to make another mod.

Remake of Silent Storm based on Sentinels engine (mod for S3).

What to expect:

1) Two campaigns - Axis and Allies (same missions like vanilla, but changed drastically)

2) Money will be a thing. You will not have to collect 100+ guns from a battlefield to pay the bills, as you are a part of the official unit (SE2 or Abwehr) so you get sponsored anyway. But some of special-made weapons, gadgets and mercs will cost you.

3) TBS with more strategy. No, you will not have to manage your base and build anything. But you will have to think what you are going to do on your mission. Like you decide to blow off a village. Now expect more enemy troops in the area. Another one? You will be hunted with more enemy forces. And by the way while you are not somewhat helping your country by doing crazy and unnecessary things, your budget will be cut. Still if you were smart enough to destroy enemy warehouse or special cargo, you could help your allies in the War (or just weaken your enemies in the future missions, like the will have less ammo, less good weapons etc.)

4) Secret weapons, special gadgets, rare weapons will be more helpful and powerful.

5) Missions will require you to use different tactics (or squadmates). Vanilla game can be beaten just like shooting everything on sight without even thinking (why engineers, scouts etc. when you have PK, machineguns and sniper rifles?)

6) More hard missions and more variety

7) New weapons and enemies

8) PK's will be left aside, if you wish it like that. The game would be beaten without using them. And you still will be able to sabotage enemies to abandon them too (to make things even).

9) Many small cosmetic things like better uniforms, better cutscenes etc. (see Silent Storm Sentinels Redesigned 1.03)

10) New features (includes import of "Enemies may surrender" feature from a previous mod)

It will take time, for sure. The only thing I wonder: Are there people still interested? How many of you would play it? Or should I abandon this game and let it be like it is now?

If there are enough of you interested, this mod will be "greenlighted" and I will start making it next week or so.

2) Money will be a thing. You will not have to collect 100+ guns from a battlefield to pay the bills, as you are a part of the official unit (SE2 or Abwehr) so you get sponsored anyway. But some of special-made weapons, gadgets and mercs will cost you.

People will do that anyway, because they will be not sure what to expect. Instead of having to pay for special weapons I would leave them as is, in Random Encounters, but don't make them easy.

People will do that anyway, because they will be not sure what to expect. Instead of having to pay for special weapons I would leave them as is, in Random Encounters, but don't make them easy.

Yes, they will, if the price is the same.

Or they will not... when they find out, that no one is going to buy their junk.

Yet to be decided.

• 2 weeks later...

What a glorious day.

Is there any chance of new perks/ perk trees/ classes? (Like in "Kazaki mod") ?

It is very possible. Any ideas? :)

Campaigns will be separate mods (those technical limitations...). Allies story comes first.

Btw Main Hero is planned to be British only due to technical limitations (but I would probably do this anyway). On the bright side, managed to recover original voice acting (only 2 voices though), so both male and female will talk like in S2 (all mission dialogs voiced and working too, already checked). Clue system is back (ShowClue() does not work in S3, so I had to sacrifice Hints).

Right now scripting/restoring Base and first missions.

Blunter have something like it in his "All uniforms mod", haven't he? Played his mod time ago, maybe wrong thing on my side.

I am pretty sure he used ShowHint() and therefore all clues were 'Hints'. This is the only way of showing large message boxes without modifying interface so hard.

• 3 weeks later...