#21 magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:25 AM

View PostBomb Bloke, on 08 October 2016 - 07:47 AM, said:

Oh certainly - gauss weapons are really only a crutch for those times when sonic clips are too hard to come by (which mostly hinges on your clip recovery system). I simply got the impression that an attempt had been made to keep them relevant in the late game, even if it was mostly unsuccessful.

I'll agree, the Gauss Rifle is definitively the best weapon against Aquatoids and possibly the best against Gillmen and Deep Ones (though Xarquid laugh).

Heh, that'd make it a fair bit cheaper, if those two characters really were missing.  Posted Image

Fixed.

#22 Tsathoggua

Tsathoggua

So twisted, my laevo is on the right hand side

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Location:Peeking through your letterbox at night whilst molesting a roadkilled badger with a rusty fork tied to my cock

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:00 PM

As stated, I was toting the heavy gauss SOLELY to piss things like that off. The idea was NOT to hurt it, because after spending the best part of a week going for a live capture, a corpse was only acceptable if it was one of the troops!

No, its not very nice, call me a callous bastard if you wish, but, I'm a scientist at heart, and it obviously seems to carry over in my gameplay style. Hell if *I* ever saw a UFO on the ground, you damn well bet I'd be hurrying up, grabbing my sword and a few carboys of fuming nitric acid (I don't, since an unfortunate event involving paramilitary-esque thugs, now keep explosives on hand...but I doubt your average alien invader would take kindly to being doused in acid strong enough to carbonize flesh [I've got the scar to know that ain't much fun..perchloric acid in that case, melted right through to the muscle of my hand, not particularly fun)

I'd far sooner get to take apart a few UFO power supplies, drive systems etc and haul the bits back to the lab and try put the things back together again. Like I did as a kid with general tech only on a far more interesting scale. Although I'd far rather INTERVIEW a few greys than have to draw the blade.  Talking shop with a few techs would be SO much fun:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users