More than meets the eye! (Faceless)

NoXTheRoXStaR

As mentioned in my "Nationalities" topic, I'm just now playing through XCOM 2 so if anyone already is aware of this, then whatever. Yesterday I was playing a "Terror" mission somewhere in India and this time the aliens (programmers) decided to throw some Chryssalids in for shits and giggles. I generally like to send my rangers (phantom/conceal) around to liberate the civilians because they usually stay hidden, unless of course they run into a Faceless.

I notice that this civilian is close to the starting area and send my ranger after him. About 4 paces from the circle proximity a Chryssalid un-burrows out of the ground and starts to approach the civvy, it then stops; starts heading towards the area where my other soldiers are then stops again. After all of that running around it turns and runs behind a building. So I was thinking....there's something clearly off about this civvy and low and behold once my ranger got next to him *POOF* he turns into a Faceless.

So for me, it has kind of ruined any surprise about the faceless, and isn't there a tech that reveals them? If so there's no point in wasting money on it if there's Chryssalids running around.

-NoX

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Battle scanner is your friend for detecting faceless. But it's not useless, it's pretty amazing tool.

Nope, it's still a waste of money/supplies. Read above ^ In almost every game where you have advanced soldiers, when there's a map where the faceless are involved. It becomes a moot point. The majority of the time I killed off all the "harder" aliens, yet waiting around for them to come towards my group. Terror missions suck yo.

-NoX