Apoc and Win2k

Caco

Here's what happens, I used the no cd crack (even though I legally own the game) and it gets to DOS/4w ..... etc that it says but it hangs, doesn't lock up, just hangs, won't load the screen with Start new campaign load game etc

This is, a warez version, however, because it won't install from my CD, it lets me get to choose directory, then crashes to desktop, every time

But I do legally own the CD (bought it for $20, best $20 I ever spent)

I've heard of that problem. I imagine the file would work if you could get it to officially install. I assume you've tried running the install program itself in compatibility mode? Failing that, I would try to create a .bat file to run the install program, because I think (in XP, I think same in 2000) that you can then set things like buffers manually by right clicking the .bat. Good luck!

Well I do not have 2000 but my roommate does and I just checked his computer. 2k has a similar compatibility mode to XP. Just right click on the file in question (I reccomend creating a shortcut on the desktop and then right clicking that shortcut) and go to the "compatibility" tab. Check the box and select Windows 95 compatibility. This should solve at least some of the problems. HTH.

Sorry but it is too impractical to take a screenshot off my roommate's computer. I don't recall whether the install for Apoc is a .bat or .exe. The compatibility tab may not show up for .bat files. It should show up for EXEs though. If you've created a shortcut to the install program, selected its properties, and there is no compatibility tab, then I don't know what to tell you...

well all u'd have to do is hit printscreen with the tab up, go into paint, ctrl v save the file, put it on a diskette, put it on your computer, upload it, then add it to the forum

but ok, anyways the install is a .exe file

install.exe to be exact