Mod Link Requests

3371-Alpha

I wasn't really sure where to post this thread so I posted it here. Admins correct it if it's wrong.

Anyways, the point of this thread is to summarize all mods not listed in the Strategy Core download section, and to hopefully get them on there eventually. Here's my list of candidates:

BaseFixer: a unique python script that can fix x-com eu's various radar & paying for dirt bugs. I wrote a thread describing how to run it in DOSBox here. It also has a linker script to allow it to integrate into xcomutil, though I'm not really sure if it's compatible with 9.7.

UPDATE: Thanks to BB, there is now a working addon file to allow BaseFixer to run with xcomutil 9.7. Just paste this into Notepad/TextEdit, edit line 43 if you renamed basefixer.bat/are running it in dosbox (as mentioned in my BaseFixer in DOSBox thread above, dos only allows file names with a maximum length of 8 characters), and save as "Basefixr.bat" (no e).

XCOMSH: xcomshel is a front end for xcomutil. Not really sure if this one works on 9.7 either.

MT-32 Patch: fixes issues with the broken Roland MT-32 drivers that were introduced in version 1.4

Dawn City: an x-com eu terror site mod that makes the cities/towns larger, more complex & (in some cases) more challenging.

TFTD Port Terrain for UFO: Another terror site mod but ads TFTD's port map to the first game.

TFTDExtender XcomUtil Patch: Adds support for TFTDExtender in XcomUtil.

Combo mod Terrain Randomizer: Allows BB's Combo mod to have randomly generated terrain (the terrain randomizer builtin to XcomUtil isn't compatible with the Combo mod).

TFTD CE MIDI: Adds MIDI music to some digital versions of the TFTD CE, which strangely had it missing.

Geoscape.exe Beta Patch: Despite the name this is actually the final official update released for the DOS version of TFTD. It's referred to as "beta" due to the fact that it wasn't fully tested at the time of release. Despite this though it's stable. The main change it adds from plain old version 2.0 is better terrain selection.

Xc1Ships: I think it's no mystery that the old Map Pack 1 no longer works on modern builds of xcomutil. For this reason, Scott T Jones built this mod just before handing over xcomutil to BladeFireLight and leaving for Bioware. It's a cut down version of the Map Pack 1 containing only the human ships. From it's description, I think it's fairly obvious that he planed on expanding it but was unable to due to his retirement.

USO Subs: A couple of replacement maps for the enemy USOs in TFTD, don't think all of them are finishes though.

Munkeylord's Weapon Mods: Literally just a compilation of user Munkeylord's weapon mods he made over the years before his site got shutdown. Note that his site can still be found on Webarchive here, though most of the links to the mods seam to be broken.

The TU Efficiency Mods: a set of mods centered around the belief that snap fire should not be a more efficient use of TUs than Aimed fire.

UFO AI Patch: a mod that fixes the alien energy bug & a few other glitches as well as improving their over all AI performance.

Icing Mod: similar to the AI patch except with slightly different features. Also created by the same author.

Multilengual patches are also available, the big one being The 8-in-1 Multilingual Patch for TFTD by Sakaali. By default this one won't work with XcomUtil but I've managed to find a way. Edit the included Xcom2.bat batch script used to start the program and look for the two

Terror.com

lines (one is about half way through, the other is just before the very end) and replace them with

RunXcom.bat

Fair warning though, the script refreshes the geoscape exes with every run so XcomUtil's exe hacks wont stick unless you load and run it on the included geoscapes individually then copy them back over or just simply hack the changes manually via hex editor or similar. Another downside to the 8-in-1 is that it appears to be based on the original 1.0 version of the game, which means lots-o-bugs. Oh, and an Italian patch for the first game is available here as well as a Spanish patch here.

TFTD PSX Soundtrack Remastered: mostly useful for the TFTD Extender. Strangely even the regular TFTD PSX score isn't available in the downloads section.

UFO Classes: implements a new way to manage your crew by using classes (similar to the 2012 remake). No more micromanaging. Requires the .NET Framework in order to function. Might also be usable on Mac/Linux using Mono, maybe.

Apocalypse Smk Fix: a fix from our old friend BB that solves issues with apocalypses' SMK player. Note that a newer version of smackply is available here.

Apocalypse SVGA Patch: fixes the black screen on startup on certain SVGA cards (both real and emulated).

Just to keep things diverse, here's a few editors not available here on Strategy Core as well:

World.DAT editor: a tool for viewing and editing of WORLD.DAT globe data.

MCD editor: not to be confused with the editor of the same name available here at strategy core. This tool is actually designed for OpenXcom but still suitable for editing terrain tilesets of vanilla ufo/tftd, or so I've heard.

SuperMen: also not to be confused with an editor of a similar name we have here at strategy core. This one's more of a cheating tool than an editor, but I'll include it non the less. Not too much is known about this tool. According to a talk page over at ufopaedia, it's actually an exe file with the wrong extension (not a zip file). Haven't tested it too much, but it appears to run in DOSBox just fine.

UFOEDI12: this one's kind of a mix of both a map pack & editor. I'll just let Scott T Jones explain the rest to you, he's far better at it:

"In May of 1995, Marco Kaiser released MAPEDI10.EXE, a ship and terrain editor, with UFOEDI12.EXE, a soldier and base editor. Both were designed for use with UFO: Enemy Unknown, but I have tested that MAPEDI10.EXE works with all versions of XCOM and TFTD on MAPS directories with no more than 250 files. For TFTD, you have to move your files to another MAPS directory to edit them. UFOEDI12.EXE definitely will not work for TFTD due to changes in the data files. Included in the package are new Medium and Large Scouts, new Desert terrain, and a new Alien Base layout. Do not be concerned by the door that cannot be opened on the lower level of the new Medium Scout. Using the XcomUtil VIS flag reveals that a UFO Power Source fills that tiny room, so you are not missing anything. Much of the documentation for the map editor is in German, but it can be figured out with a little experimentation."

You can also find a bunch of old X-COM files here and here. They're third party site and some of the files are old so I can't guarantee they'll work, or compromise your security.

As an added bonus, I'll include something I have. Attached to this post is a pdf scan of the Terror From the Deep manual. I noticed our file section included the manual for ufo but lacked the tftd version. So here it is.

If I missed any, please tell me.

XCOM Terror from the Deep.pdf

• 1 year later...