Massive spam attack at the UFOPaedia

Hobbes

Hi there

It's back up now - I don't check in on it often at all (nor here either really) so was only made aware of the issue today. I think it's time to hand the site over to someone who has the time to give it the attention it deserves so I will put some wheels into motion on that front soon.

Thanks for reporting it.

EDIT: Also the database went down sometime after new registrations were turned off - it was working when I did that. Seems the spambots then keep hammering at the door until the database falls over sad.png

Hi there

It's back up now - I don't check in on it often at all (nor here either really) so was only made aware of the issue today. I think it's time to hand the site over to someone who has the time to give it the attention it deserves so I will put some wheels into motion on that front soon.

Thanks for reporting it.

EDIT: Also the database went down sometime after new registrations were turned off - it was working when I did that. Seems the spambots then keep hammering at the door until the database falls over sad.png

A month ago I sent you 2 emails warning that traffic was going crazy due to XCOM 2's imminent release and that it was making almost impossible for people, myself included, from working on the UFOPaedia, and things would only get worse when XCOM 2 was released. I don't know if you read my emails, but I for sure was not surprised when this issue happened and that it is a real pain right now to edit pages.

• 2 weeks later...

Is UFOpaedia again offline? It's been since Monday I get "Connection reset by peer".

UFOPaedia is dying due to the continuous traffic/hosting issues - It's been two weeks since the last outage and it has already gone offline again.

Either those get fixed permanently or UFOPaedia will turn into a dead site. sad.png It has become nearly useless and frustrating to contributors, when I'm trying to add content and the connection keeps getting reset when submitting edits, or when a visitor wants to consult the site to check game information and it is continuously offline.

UFOPaedia is dying due to the continuous traffic/hosting issues - It's been two weeks since the last outage and it has already gone offline again.

Either those get fixed permanently or UFOPaedia will turn into a dead site. sad.png

Damn, that would be tough loss for X-COM community! It's the only place with such detailed informations about game mechanics.

Can't we as community do something about it??