Hexadome 2

BoaNeo

Hi!

I'm new around here, but not so new when it comes to strategy games. I've been writing games on and off since the mid eighties (8-bit assembler code is just one of many wonderful things that todays youth are missing out on smile.png ), and strategy games has always been one of my favourite genres...

The reason I'm writing this is that I recently decided to re-invent and old project of mine: A massive multiplayer on-line strategy game called Hexadome. It was released in 2000 by GameLoft as a web game (java applet), but died shortly after when GameLoft decided to end its presence in the browser-game market.

Since then, I've wanted to give it a second chance but something always seemed to get in the way - until now, that is. This X-mas (2015) I decided to give it one last shot, dusted off all my old assets, designs, bits and pieces of code and started putting it all together.

I've covered some ground since then - so much so, that I now have a playable alpha-ish version of the game. Still tons of bugs to fix and I have not even started balancing things yet, but the core mechanics are in there, and there's enough to give a firm idea of where it's heading.

hexadomereboot_13.jpg

I am not sure where I'm going with this. Maybe Steam, maybe mobile, maybe both. Maybe I'll finance the server costs with Ads, maybe I'll go for a subscription model, but before I do any of that I want to make a great game, and for that I need opinions other than my own smile.png

So right now I'm basically looking for some good old honest feedback ... If you're up for doing a quick 5 minute run-and-review, you can get the game-client here:

https://www.dropbox....KuDsft_YWa?dl=0

It will automatically connect to the server, you just need to register with an e-mail (can be a fake e-mail if you like to remain anonymous, there's no validation at the moment)...

The game has no tutorial or even basic help yet, but feel free to ask in here, PM me or you can write me directly at nj-at-boaneo.com smile.png

Thanks for your time...