Impossible Excavation's Hyperspace Gate

laclongquan

That Mech! It eat 60 rounds of Recticulan Rifle just to lose all it green HP, but still 50% red. So troublesome. 2 dynamite put a little bit far and it still got enough to survive.

Dont tell me, setting Impossible is a miscalculation! :gyaah:

NOTE: The key is to set shooters farther apart to avoid the double fire and shoot that mech with laser, even the mining laser will do. Set one that can crouch or prone a little bit nearer to it as bait. After we put it down to red bar, the melee fighters cut its HP left till a sliver and start setting dynamites.

This mission is a pinnacle of setting dynamites. The hardest thing would be making Mech unable to react, otherwise we have to set up with a fighter continously dealing damage to Mech so it cant restore.\

Requirement: one fastest runner as Mech damage dealer and should be the last to leave. 3 very fast walkers as dynamitemen, as I doubt you have 4 althletics by now. Possibly one leadership to provide speed buff, though that one can be a dynamitemen if speed is good. If not, carry a rifle/ret laser rifle. An extra guy who will act as time-counter.

The timecounting guy start walking along the edge toward UFO. Use his time as marks.

1st second: Mark! The dynamite is set near the Mech to ensure when it go off Mech will be finished. half a sec after it explode 4 beastmen soldier should appear (16th second)

2nd second: The second dynamite should be set up right beside the central glow, possibly farther a bit from the 1st as to not get simultaneous triggered by it. This will explode and kill the initial 4 hopefully, or heavily damage them.

3rd second: The third dynamite should be set up on the other side of the second, to sweep off any straggler or wounded. Ideally it should not be triggered by the previous two. The 1st dynamiteman should be running toward UFO now.

2nd and 3rd dynamiteman should be running now. The leadership gal nearby should also running now, if carry rifle then nonstop to the box on the cliff, nearest to UFO

6th second: 1st dynamiteman should be setting up 4th TNT. Done then run toward UFO

7th-8th second: 2nd and 3rd dynamite man should be setting up 5th and 6th TNT farther a way a bit. The last three is to catch the second wave. When done start running toward UFO

12th second:The Mech-dealing fighter should be a very fast runner to get out of 1st explosion's range, and should be running now or shortly. The 1st dynamiteman should be near the slope toward UFO already. setting up 7th dynamite at center of the slope's base, take care that it doesnt affect the gunman stand on top, or on the two cliffs either side. When done should be run toward the cliff (as bait so they stop and shoot).

13-14th second: The 2nd and 3rd dynamiteman should be at the slope's foot by now. if you can set the 8th and 9th TNT at a place doesnt get affected by the 7th would be good. Possibly on the slope's middle, next to the cliff, or other places. The 7th should have largest range since it's on the flat ground, but the 8th and 9th are in out-of-place locations, to catch survivors and latecomers. Done then run toward UFO

15th second: 1st explosion finish off the Mech, with last fighter hopefully out of range, and no other dynamite explode. 4 beastmen appear. The 1st dynamiteman should be done by now and run toward a cliff nearby to stand up tall as bait.

16-17 second: two explosions should kill or wounded heavily the initial 4. The 2nd and 3rd dynamiteman should be running toward cliff by now.

18th second: The second wave should appear now. Possibly one or two Alchemist. Possibly one or two spider. Possibly one worm.

21st second: The 4th dynamite should explode now. This should catch the fast reaction vanguards who move immediately toward our location.

22nd and 23rd second: 5th and 6th explosion. These three should catch the second wave. Killing is depend on where you can get them.

24th second: The 3rd wave should be out now. Possibly alchemist, possibly chief, might be shaman.

25-26 sec: The straggler of 2nd wave should be moving toward our position. If they are in range of the 7th dynamite at the foot of the slope, shoot on them so that they stop to return fire. The baits should be moving from the opposite cliff to the edge, and run toward UFO. The fastest runner should be inside near the edge where it's safe, ready to run out if loot is good and near.

27th second: The 7th TNT should explode at the foot of the slope now, catching any in the vinicity. Watch out for the loots.

28th-29th second: the 8th and 9th explosion should take care of any vanguards. There might be a few left who stand too far away or too late to the party.

End stage: Now is when you might want to run to pick up some beastmen pistol (which we will find more than enough in the next beastmen missions) or rifle (which is very much rarer), or some accessory like heartbeat scanner or poison ammo around the foot of the slope.. Note that the beastmen is scarily accurate with their pistol, so the foot of the slope is in range of shooters as far away as the glow. So balance the equation: damage versus loots? and ask yourself "Do I feel lucky today, punk?"

EDIT: you can only expect good loots like good ammo or scanners till 4th wave or later, with the appearance of shamans or captains. And/or if you trigger their availability. I once had a game where the spider/worms/rollers doesnt appear at all and the 3 waves drop normal pistol ammo only (low total level and low number of territory I think)

See your video before. The problem is that you dont put down step by step instructions, so it's hard to follow your way. Also, seven athletics (or speed-oriented) require that you know before hand (meta) to train them all from the start. Me, I replay so dont remember much. My trainings are all over the place, one athletics and three fast walkers are about the kind of resources I can use.

See your Rita. You sacrifice both reticulant for her (and the twins)? Not a good trade because the ret sol/sci is a major reticulan researcher, while Rita is initially less than useful in a lab.

Note: this 1.7 seem to change that the event activate with that Mech down, which is why it's so much a pain in the ass. I tried to do the same thing, leave the disabled crawler for last and finish Mech before, but no can do.

1. Well in video you don't need more or less instructions, because you can mimic the positioning just by looking. My first first encounter with beastman was also: "Eh WTF!", so next time I knew what to do.

2. That's true, but what can I say, I don't like reticulans ;) and no you don't need to sacrifice the twins. You sacrifice 2 rets to gain 3 people and I prefer Rita as scientist. I've completed this game on impossible few times so I don't care about that.

3. This was recorded using GoG version, which is 1.7.

Well~ There's pro and con to trade 2 ret for 3. On the one hand we dont need to juggle Ogghie (send him to science craft) when we finally go to war with rebels, and Rita got long time to use. On the other hand, if keep using ogghie we are going to train him in major planetology, and have a double ret/pla scientist is nothing to sneeze at. plus we still can use him in middle game when all other high level scientist are so busy in the lab... It's a trade-off that is slightly in favour of Oghie I think.