Strike the Earth!

Nookrium

Congratulations, you've all been turned into dwarves and thrown into the wilderness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE0D0zJ05TQ&list=PL3Hfqo2_KOlf6EXt3KzNbnGkrcTItvtGo

This will be more of an AAR lite, since I did a very poor job of keeping up with my Galciv III one I want to keep this one on the easier side.

We embarked into lands infested with dirty elves and humans, far from any other dwarven settlements.

(we're the yellow X in the red circle)

post-11784-0-30412300-1448146004_thumb.jpg

Here's your jobs so far...

Zombie - Stonecrafter / Mason

Space Voyager - Hunter

Badger - Farmer / Brewer

Silencer - Miner

Other than checking out the place and seeing what kind of dwarves I started with, we dug just a bit into the mountain for some stockpile rooms

post-11784-0-67508500-1448146137_thumb.jpg

I'm attempting to explain what is happening as we go along for those that aren't real familiar with the game, so if you catch me cruising over something and are a bit lost please say something. The UI for this takes a bit of getting used to and my hope is to make it as painless as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

13 episodes in and the fort has taken a turn, literally...

Here's the fort, I've added some labels so it's a bit easier to figure out what's happening.

post-11784-0-15914100-1449620941_thumb.jpg

A few parts back we had a werelizard attack the base, he was able to get a few bites in and infect a few. I was able to get them locked away, but I missed one, and he was very bitey.

post-11784-0-83706100-1449620943_thumb.jpg

Once the full moon hit again I lost control, and just let the werebeasts feast. (Note the pools of blood in the dining room from werelizard Zombie)

We're now down to the final 9 dwarves (plus 1 child), all werelizards.

post-11784-0-64117200-1449620942_thumb.jpg

The game is not over though, thanks to the beauty of Dwarf Fortress the colony can run just fine, minus the full moon days of course.

Migrants will come before long, the trick will be to see if I can manage to get them infected and into the fort without dying to my herd.