Sniper Rifle Recommendation ?

Spaceweezle

It seems every time I get semi-familiarized with a rifle, a new better one pops up in the shop. I have at the moment the Manlicher Carcano Scoped with 20 Familiarization. There are few new models on the market, like the SKS 45, 98K -Scoped- the SKS in particular looks quite powerful, my question is, should I upgrade to that now or is something much better on the horizon ?

I just don't want to waste time familiarizing myself every mission.

At higher HP level, you need to the added bonus coming with Familiarity to ensure damage and crit. At 100, you may not need it. But at max HP for enemies, you will.

Bloat HP enemies has the bonus that you need to use HMG more, since only them can provide multiple bullets in early to middle game. and HMG desperately need Familiarity bonus to be accurate.

This run I have started to use HMG more. and the effect of FAMI is helpful.

Back to topic:

Border, paying the initial fee will net you a silent carbine 98k scoped, which is very good for your sniper if you like solo sniper play. Other than that, there's two things you need to note: high AP high damage like Manlicher is nice to perform one shot one kill, and I think they are the top. But if you like quick sniping, scoped SVT is the best, but late game. Early game best prolly be garand scoped.

After London, my shop has scoped garand, AVS and scoped carbine 98K. Manlicher and Mosin scoped I got before that.

Right after that is Border. Border net me a scoped silent carbine 98K and Mosin scoped. Shop give me G41 scoped, SVT nonscoped.

Right after that is Corrupt Official. Though the loot is great, especially if you kill most of killable enemies, it's nothing special. Shop give, SVT scoped, scoped silent carbine 98K, and SKS.

Godfather give nothing special. Pen, however, give SKS45 scoped. While it's the best on on paper, its penatrative point is rather low. And we know what is coming in next mission. So. It's easy to deal with human enemies. Sometimes expensive, but easy. But dealing with PK without a deep hitting rifle is rather time consuming. I keep SVT scoped and give SKS scoped a pass for now~

At just 20 FM my to-hit chance is improved by 30% which could make the difference between taking a shot and not even bothering. I'd say it's pretty important, whether you need it or not. Plus it's my preference to always be reasonably familiarized with my weapon.

I also do not plan on taking "Always Critical" so in my case I need FM to excel in my role.

That SVT is a close contender to the SKS. I am favoring the SKS over it because SVT has a rather costly AP cost for Aimed-shot by comparison and it's median damage is lower than the SKS, though I'm not sure just how much it's extra penetration will compensate for that.

I hardly ever find myself using snipe mode, unless it's a very wide-open map, so the loss of scope is no big deal to me. I think both are great choices at this point.

Thanks for the input.

• 1 month later...

I will note that SVT scoped can be had from Eagle, as early as your money can afford her.

Ammo will have to wait until you get the first mosin class rifle. Sell it to dealer and you can buy its ammo and rechamber for the gun. (if the roster doesnt have any mosin class, 2nd mission after shop should sell one and approriate ammo)

You probabbly should hold off hiring Eagle until you get the ammo. For another thing, it might worth hiring a 120+ Engineering guy so he can repair your gun in-mission.

After that, you are sniper-worry-free.

This run I try this shiet~ and Endurability lower to 200 really screw delicate gun like this hard.