The Three Ambushes: Avoidable or not

laclongquan

It's been a long time so I forgot. >__<"

IIRC, there's talks about three ambushes happen when we use radio to report too often to our HQ.

According to the plot diagram, it only MUST happen if we dont take Siegfried with us.

So, if we choose to take him with us, and very limited radio report, does the 3 ambushes happen or not?

I ask because there's a big conundrum here: IF it happen regardless, we can off that ex-tanker merchant with impunity. BUT if it can be avoid, then we have access to two merchants during late game which is a boon worth sacrificing that loot.

+++We can off that tanker before Smith burglary in long run, and can delay offing him until before the Sentinel base in the no-ambush short run. In that version we have access to shops all games, which help burning our cash/loot easier.

So yeah, any one know? @Blunter?

EDIT: confirmed that it's avoidable in the short run storyline.

The key here is the fact that McCleod want to use us, so he point us to the Sentinel base and not ambush us. So we have the shops until end game. So the exchange is

3 ambushes + (possibly the Sigmund fight) + TH base, + (possibly the Wenzburg fight) + Airport fight + no shops from middle to late game (this is the long run storyline)

In exchange for

(some minor loots at TH bases) + 2 minor fights outside of main Sentinel base + major base fight + shops to the end + (possibly Sigmund fight to get access to Conrad shop, though better be before base fight) (this is the short run storyline, Siegfried late to the TH base)

We assume that no skipping Conrad quest, or leave Siegfried behind because face it, there's no percentage in doing so~

The long run, we leave traces in Wenzburg fight. The short run, no trace at all.

Right, those ambushes will happen anyway.

There is a trick I remembered (if you want to keep Larry):

- Pick Larry up (Prison or Sigmund)

- Leave him at Conrad's place.

- Go kill Sigmund, loot the place (Liz will be fine with that)

- Hide the found sniper rifle till later (don't let Larry see it)

- Go back to Conrad's place and have Larry join you.

- Visit Sigmund. Listen to Larry whine about this and that. He'll stay with you though.

- Enjoy your new sniper rifle, Conrad as your allied weapons supplier and Larry.

~ Blunter ~

• 2 weeks later...

I have circumvent the possibility of 3 ambushes.

In my long run game, I had arrived at the TH local hq late. After asking the locals, we return to get a visit from the devil himself, Colonel McCleod. he point me toward the Sentinel base. (I stop and reload to the point of arriving in time)

I think that it's the key to avoid the ambushes, since that man played us for patsies, so he doesnt want to kill us just yet...

Small note: with v1.15, I dont get any data log when finishing the water scoop+sewer mission perfectly. I get down to the sewer well before the patrol show up, with all loots taken. The sewer is alright, and Siegfried got laid out with a hook. We leave that entrance site very fast before the appearance of the patrol team at the sewer's gate. In exchange, we dont see any data log about Wenzburg, possibly simulating we finish the job perfectly.