1999 REDUX (0.7)

silencer_pl

Remember that information when we interrogated the Thin Man? It said aliens will soon strike again, with something despicable. It is now the day the do it.

282.jpg

Not knowing what to expect, team 2 is sent to investigate this Docked Ship. We landed in one of the Nigerian harbour. We already see a Thin Man. Not so hard threat.

283.jpg

There are a lot of door opening. If this will be same as Area 51, I will be mad. Horst moved ahead and spotted a Chrysalid. If Chrysalids are here, we'd best move careful.

284.jpg

We moved forward slowly and encountered more Thin Man, and more Chrysalids. I think I slowly understand the vibe of this mission. Looks very familiar.

285.jpg

Yep the Chryssalids were crawling in this place. That's a nice way to copy a mission from XCOM ;) I'm already begin to sweat.

286.jpg

Unfortunately due to carefulness[ from the first few turns, the smoke was playing to our disadvantage now. Sadly Horst, and Simon got stabbed by the Chrysalid.

287.jpg

I could right now blow the new zombies and Chryssalid. But I didn't want to blow up the guns and ammo they've dropped. Who knows, maybe I'll need that ammo later and it will save the mission. Anyway it took a while, before we could make a steady push forward. The Chrysalids were just keep coming and coming. At first I was more freely with ammo, but half way through I've noticed that we should be more careful, because it looks like they never end. After w very long and hard struggle we have entered the ship itself.

288.jpg

Was there something we must do here? Will there be some kind of Chrysalid queen? Sadly not. There few last stragglers hiding there. Finally when the last alien died, we could now relax.

289.jpg

Another week passes. We had two very interesting missions lately. Area 51, which was very interesting. Hopefully current version of Area 51 is balanced right. We also had the Chrysalid mission, which was a good way to copy the mission from XCOM: Enemy Within. Hobbes also said that this map was reduced in size. It was long I must say, and dealing with such amount of Chrysalids was very taxing.

Anyway, our current technological progress didn't move that far. We've deciphered one of the disks from area 51. It contained some information about two new aircrafts. The amount of science we need, I've decided that all 3 bases will have laboratories. We need to pump those techs fast.

What's today on the menu? After quite a while we have a Medium UFO landed. Medium UFO is my wild guess that we should find a Scientist there. And as seen from Nook's LP, we need that scientist for advanced alien technology, such as Plasma Guns, HWD and even better crafts.

The UFO we fought in this episode was all Waspites and it was custom Harvester. Pretty good looking too.

290.jpg

291.jpg

292.jpg

Also, if you haven't noticed, our Commander has a nice long standing. Latest Mr. Nook is too keeping his colonel rank pretty nicely.

All in due time.

::

In this episode we finish research of our new Interceptor. Pretty sure I saw this design somewhere but I don't remember where.

294.jpg

I've also totally forgot abut Skyrider. Team 1 gets this new toy. One thing that bugs me. Where is the landing gear for this baby? By the looks it's not VTOL, but aims to be.

295.jpg

I've also totally forgot abut Skyrider. Team 1 gets this new toy. One thing that bugs me. Where is the landing gear for this baby? By the looks it's not VTOL, but aims to be.

That's how the author designed but I'm not totally satisfied with it. One thing to change for the next versions.