160 replies to this topic

#41 Nookrium

Nookrium

Blaster Bomb Bait

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:40 PM

Hey not that bad, and we've saved a civilian.
Saved?  From the harsh northern winters by putting an end to her?

View Postsilencer_pl, on 20 October 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

Posted Image

#42 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:11 PM

That's the best kind of save, don't you agree?

::

So we have stopped another terror and managed to save a civilian from harsh northern winters. Our second base is almost done, soon there will be squad number two. However we will need another base to oversee that base in South America.

Posted Image

On 27th of March we spot a small UFO over Asia. After some chase we shoot it down somewhere between India and China. It probably was on retaliation mission. The UFO has crashed in a forest. We have landed on the SE corner of map and right in front of us there was a floater. He was a bit evasive, but Ivan finally put him down.

Posted Image

The team was advacing towards the UFO, when suddenly a shot came at Bill Nye. There was another floater waiting to be shot. Unfortunately no one had TUs or LoS and the Floater on next turn killed Hatty. I had to avenged Hatty on next turn.

The UFO was completely smashed and no signs of any alien guarding it. Sunflash spots another floater deep in a SW corner of the map. He had a very good defensive position and managed to kill Bill Nye and Sunflash when they were trying to spot him. Further behind the UFO I've found another floater. Ivan made a good aimed shot and delivered HE round directly to his face. There was another floater hiding behind the UFO, but at this turn we couldn't get it.

The hunt for the cornered alien continues. Zombie stepped up, received two shots. He survived but is now limping back. Fortunately we've managed to kill the hiding bastard. Last of the aliens was found on the NW corner. SV managed to put a bullet through his brain. Although we have won, the loses outweighed the gain.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#43 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:08 PM

On 31st of March we have a large UFO over SW Russia. It got away and the Interceptors found a new one on the alien base in South America. Too far for the Skyranger. Few hours later a Small UFO was detected over China and while returning back the lost UFO was re-detected. Both UFOs were too fast to catch.

As I suspected, the aliens have infiltrated Brasil. No more carnival in Rio.

Posted Image

On 1st of April we have another small UFO over NA. It vanished over Siberia few times, but we've found it eventually. Once the Skyranger was close enough the UFO lifted. The Interceptor gave it a chase but soon run out of ammo and had to abort. The UFO returned back to Siberia and the Skyranger arrived.

Posted Image

Upon landing we already can see an alien and UFO.

Posted Image

With the cover of smoke Nook and SV exits the UFO and fire at the alien. SV manages to stun it, but that will be good for now. The rest exits the Skyrager. On next turn Mr. Duck spots another alien that came out from UFO. Dark Angel wastes half of the clip from LMG on it, but he is lucky to kill another alien somewhere in the rear. SV again stuns the alien that was guarding the UFO.

On the southern border another waspite is spotted. He is behind a hill looking from our position, so for now it will be hard to hit it. On alien turn another waspite showed his ugly face and killed Meridian and another one was detected on our turn. We've killed the later one and stunned the former.

Posted Image

On next turn another alien came out from UFO and Dark Angel kills it. We've also caught the one the southern border and killed it too. Another alien came out from the UFO and SV this time kills it. However that's not all the aliens. Matri finds another one behind the UFO, it wasn't carrying a gun so he fired. There was another one hiding behind the smoke and killed Matri. But eventually we killed both of them.

Posted Image

This time at least we have Elerium so deaths are not that bitter.

Posted Image

#44 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:45 AM

Wow, I was actually useful the last two missions! And I survived. Thanks for the guidance, Silencer!

#45 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

If I were you I wouldn't be so optimistic, because you never know how many SV's were sacrificed.

On 3rd of April radars detect a Large UFO over Europe, however Interceptors don't manage to catch it. On next day we have antoher large UFO over USA and again another over Europe. The one from Europe speeds to the Pacific, while the one from USA we down over Iceland. However no winter cloths for you sorry lot. When we launch Skyranger a Small UFO is detected over Africa. It vanishes over Madagascar, then another small UFO is detected an Interceptor shoots it's down, on way back another Small UFO was detected nearby the Interceptor and it also is shot down.

Finally the Skyranger arrives. It's fucking cold out there, but the thought of hot plasma burning your face keep you on the toes. Right from the start we spot a Reaper and a floater. Nook exits the craft and stuns the floater and Sunflash kills the reaper. The UFO is already spotted to the east. Upon exiting, the team also spots a cybermite to the NW and I kill it. Next Ivan moved to the west, but there was an alien hiding. It fired at Ivan but killed SV. Ivan has minor wound.

Posted Image

On next turn Jimmy kills that floater. The floater Nook stunned is awake and Mr. Duck kills it and also spots a sectoid to the east. We used somke to cover Mr. Duck, but the alien cheats and saw him through the smoke and killed. Mr. Nook avenger Mr. Duck though.

Posted Image

Moving ahead we spot a floater but fail to kill it. He on the other hand used a grenade to kill Princess Watercress. Then Soup Carrier finally got him in the crosshair. Mr. Nook also spots another cybermite. But it was too far away to have any good aim at it. The cybermite wasn't suicidal strangely enough. Mr. Nook advanced and spots a reaper. Jimmy fired at the cybermite and killed it. Then Nook with Dark Angel focus fired on the Reaper killing it.

In next few turns, the team was advancing towards the UFO entrances without any stops. Once near the doors, Kazak gets a visual on a waspite. With Sunflash's help he kills it.

Posted Image

Now it's time to breach the UFO. The engine room is completely trashed.  We haven't been attacked by MC so I guess that the sectoid leader is dead. We also haven't spotted Cyberdiscs witch worries me. Inside the UFO there was another reaper. Unfortunately we've already switched to AP, so we failed at killing it also Soup Carrier was critically shot by an alien. Strangely the reaper only closed and didn't munch my or Dark Angel's face. Good for us.

Posted Image

We also found the alien that shot Soup Carrier, but Nook and Dark Angel were out of bullets. Thankfully it didn't throw a grenade to murder us. Then Ivan flanked it and killed it. As we were going to enter the upper floor, a waspite leader panicked and run out of the UFO. So that is why there were no MC attacks. Good for us. On the top floor we have found a floater and a sectoid. However that were not all the aliens. But soon we found that a floater was strangely stalking us. It of course had to focus on me and Jimmy had Jimmy luck, because it couldn't panic oh no.

Posted Image

Well that's done.

Posted Image

#46 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:56 PM

We have two more downed UFOs waiting to be recovered. The small one is very close. It will be night but who cares. It is crashed UFO and shouldn't be a problem right? From the start we spot 2 sectoids. Nook and Jimmy take care of them properly.

Posted Image

On next turn we spot three more Sectoids. No problem they are gone. On next turn we found another one. He tried to shoot at us but failed.

Posted Image

On 5th of April radars pick another Small UFO on the radar. However it's mission quickly came to an end. So let's now do the other downed UFO.

The map is again strange tropical farm. The UFO is right to the west of our LZ. On alien turn a floater floated nearby us. It was killed fast. There were a lot of farm doors opened. Team split up. They found few floaters but Proberoo is dead.

Posted Image
Posted Image

The UFO was trashed and nothing interesting inside. Dark Angel found another floater, but he lost the shoot out. Mr. Nook also failed but he at least didn't die. Few turns later Hobbes find the last floater. It is in diffuclt spot to find good LoF, but Hatty hits it twice with RPG and finishes the mission.

Posted Image

#47 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:32 PM

Few hours after the last mission, we have another small UFO on the radars. It landed in that region where Russia and Alaska are very close to each other. The Skyranger managed to arrive in time for more Elerium mission. It lands on the SE corner and we have a hilly map. Never thought that there are darn hills on Syberia. The first turn was quiet, but on second one Meridian spots a floater and stuns it. Then a waspite flies in and Matri also stuns it. Further ahead there was another waspite but this time Hatty makes a kill.

Posted Image

To the west we spot another waspite but everyone made his move so he lives for now. The stunned floater wakes up and Meridian again stuns it, then moves to the UFO but is killed by the alien who again cheated. Meridian was deep in the smoke but the bastard saw him. Bill Nye didn't like it much and killed the cheater.

Posted Image

Our next victim was another waspite hiding behind the UFO. Hobbes and Hatty delivered two rounds of HE to him. Meanwhile a floater exited the UFO and stunned Kazaak. In retaliation we stunned him and the first floater managed to get up again so we killed it finally.

On next turn another waspite showed his ugly face. He fired at Kazaak, but armour shrugged any damage, so Kazaak had a chance to return the favor and killed it.  

Posted Image

Uff lots of aliens killed, now the hard part breach the UFO. There shouldn't be many aliens left but they still can kill someone.  There was only 1 floater and it only carried Small Launcher. Not big deal.

Posted Image

#48 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:04 PM

A little foreword. Soon I'll probably be changing this AAR to be more of a once a week update with highlighting current situation. When I started this I had already done 30 videos and where currently am I could call this 50% progression. With the amount of mission I predict I could be doing this somewhere around 2-3 months, which probably you imagine is not something I look forward too. Anyway regular standard UFO missions will probably be only mentioned. But mod special missions will have their full attention.

On 6th of April we have another small UFO. To get a little breather it is shot down over water. On 12th of April a Small UFO is detected over USA but it vanishes quickly. Next day over Europe a Very Small UFO flies by. It landed on the North Pole. Our main base Skyranger manages to get there. I know that Very Small UFO is not worth the resources. But let's do it just for kicks.

It looks like Mutons have arrived.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Quick mission, let's continue. Few hours later radars pick up a Very Large UFO. It goes all the way to the South Africa. A small recon detected more UFO presence including Supply Ship. It looks like they want a base in South Africa. When Skyranger arrived he detected 2 Supply Ships on same spot. Choosing the lower number let's hope we get the actual mission.

It's almost night time, but we still have full vision. Skyranger has landed in NE corner. There was already floater waiting for us, but he was killed without any loses. SV bravely took point and went ahead to scout the area. Suddenly he had to dodge some plasma shots as a floater saw him skulking about. Lucky for him flaoter missed double that we didn't. However you can't say anything good for Dark Angel. He was picked off by another floater. This floater didn't live long enough too.

Posted Image

The vegetation here was dense and the UFO was directly on the opposite corner of Skyranger. When closing in to the UFO, there were few more aliens guarding it. Some took few pot shots at us, but nothing too dangerous.

Posted Image

Once inside the UFO, the team split into 2 groups. One that will go to the first floor, and second one that will storm the command room. When the team that was going for the command room used the elevator a floater rushed into the room and killed SV. And he was doing so good this mission. Jimmy then moved forward and killed the floater. However SV was not the only victim. On the first floor Matri has found a floter. He hid into one of the small rooms, but the floater followed him and murdered.

Posted Image
Posted Image

We all went there trying to kill that floater but failed miserably. Because of that more bodies were added to the loses, as the alien threw a grenade killing, me, Kazaak, Meridian and himself. Only Hobbes was left on this floor.

Posted Image

The second team apart from losing SV, almost had another casualty. Jimmy was severely wounded by a waspite who decided to leave the command room. However it all ended well for him.

Posted Image

#49 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:07 PM

So, last time we've assault a Supply Ship. Loses were big, but maybe it was worth it? After all Elerium is more worth then some lives. Unfortunately the base was already planted.

Posted Image

On 16th of April we have a terror mission in Yakutsk. Unfortunately it will be night, maybe if the terror mission would be created hour later we would have a chance to fight during the day. The Skyranger lands in SW corner of the city map. It's dark but there are streets nearby with light so it shouldn't be that bad. Nearby of the LZ we find a floater. Nobody could have a good aim at him, so he lives for now.

Posted Image

The floater decided not to kill us and vanished. Inside the building we've spotted a sectoid too. A cybermite also crawled under Princess Watercress feet. She fired at him missing completely and the cybermite reaction munched her face. Sunflash then kills the cybermite and spots the floater that probably got away. Mr Duck knows what to do and kills it before things got worse.

Posted Image

On the other side of the warehouse, thanks to the city lighting Ivan spots 4 aliens. Two of them or comfortably close to each other and one round of HE kills both of them. Red Army Surplus uses his RPG and hits directly that cybermite Ivan spotted.

Posted Image

During alien turn a waspite from the park up to the north fired at Ivan but strangely missed. Feeling lucky Ivan shoots back and stuns the alien. The aliens are still ruthlessly killing the civilians. Ivan pushes forwards and again is lucky to avoid two shots from waspite. It would be a real shame if he would die.

Posted Image
Posted Image

He keeps scouting ahead finding new aliens to kill. His teammates also keep his safe by killing them. On South side Mr. Duck doesn't feel that lucky. He fired half the magazine from his LMG at a waspite and the bugger did not want to die. Although Ivan came to the rescue, Mr. Duck is still exposed to some nasty alien waiting in the dark.

Posted Image

Fortunately the aliens started to panic so Mr. Duck is safe for now. The panic continued, but strangely I haven't seen any reapers or Cyberdiscs. Is this the famous unheard of super easy terror mission ? It must be because this time we really saved some civilians.

Posted Image

#50 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:12 PM

So last time we had super easy terror mission and Ivan was pretty much the star of it. On next day we detect a Large and Small UFO over India and Very Large of Europe. Both Large and Small where shot down. There also came second large and second small few hours later. The interceptors were rearming unfortunately now. Very Large and the small one mocked me because they've landed. Unfortunately there was a special mission in USA. It was so super secret mission that even the mod creator did not know it existed.

Posted Image
Posted Image

This mission contained a new enemy. Thin Man, and not be existing Men In Blacks. The map was some kind of slums like flat neighborhood (to me at least). We land outside of the wooden fencing area. The first step SV made outside of the Skyranger and already he was attacked by the Thin Man. Thin Man aren't sturdy aliens and can die from our standard guns easily.

Posted Image

The mysterious MIBs were also unarmored so killing them also wasn't that difficult. However there were lots of them. Fortunately only Thin Men were using plasmas, so Personal Armour is enough to not worry about MIBs that much.

Posted Image

The map layout was pretty simple. Big open area in the middle and 3 stories high buildings on the side. The problem with this map was that enemies could be hiding on any floor in any building and if by chance you've destroyed the stairs.... things could get problematic.
Posted Image

The fight the enemies was practically easy. Yes we've lost few men because I had to capture the Thin Man. Capturing MIBs was pointless. This mission is probably scrapped in current version of Redux (but maybe I'm wrong). I suggest watching it.

Posted Image

Oh and I forgot, you can witness Hobbes hitting everything including poor civilian except the Thin Man. Then Karma returned and Hobbes was killed.

Posted Image

#51 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:00 PM

After from returning from this new mission, which according to Hobbes should not be there, we've managed to catch one of the UFOs that was detected in last part. It was a sectoid Supply Ship. We've lost only 5 soldiers this time, so improvement I guess.

#52 Hobbes

Hobbes

Peace through superior hairdos!

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:49 PM

View Postsilencer_pl, on 29 October 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

After from returning from this new mission, which according to Hobbes should not be there

I must have not explained it properly or misunderstood something... that mission was generated as planned actually :)
Terrain Pack - 44 new terrains for the original game, using OpenXcom

My X-COM Fan Fictions: The Unknown Menace, Abyssal, Eulogy

#53 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:14 PM

You said that MIBs should not exist, therefore I understand this way that this mission should not exist.

#54 Hobbes

Hobbes

Peace through superior hairdos!

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:52 PM

View Postsilencer_pl, on 30 October 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

You said that MIBs should not exist, therefore I understand this way that this mission should not exist.

OK, that explains it, what I meant is that you shouldn't see any units with 'MIB' in the name (there's a known OXC mod by another author that adds 'MIBs') Posted Image
Terrain Pack - 44 new terrains for the original game, using OpenXcom

My X-COM Fan Fictions: The Unknown Menace, Abyssal, Eulogy

#55 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:55 PM

But I did (at least corpses said MIB I think).

Time to get those crashed UFOs. On the first line crashed Terror Ship. You can observe here professional scouting made by SV.

#56 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:23 PM

Alien Activity on North Pole. The Skyranger is too slow to get them while landed. A crashed scout should do. A perfect performance this time. Mutons aren't that scary.

#57 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:27 PM

Our current only team is weakened to the state of 3 active men. One of the large UFOs is shot down over the arctic sea, while the second one lands again. 3 men squad is pretty much suicidal, but are 3 men be able to recover a crashed UFO? Will SV manage to survive yet another mission ?

#58 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:14 PM

Are we ready for this? Probably not, but I guess since it's end of the month, we should take care of that bases. Our primary goal is to get a scientist or commander. They say they should be in bases.

#59 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:39 PM

Who stole the commander, it was suppose to be in a base and there was neither commander, nor scientist nor elerium. At least the casualties weren't that big. Before we hit the next base let's take a rest and fight some downed large scout. How far can SV move out from the Skyranger before he gets shot? Or will he survive.

#60 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:21 PM

Alien base Redux. Will we find commander here? Or maybe scientist? At least give me elerium yes? Who will survive? Who will perish?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users