Zombie's UFO:Aftershock Giveaway!

Zombie

Hi everyone! Some of you might know that UFO:Aftershock celebrates it's 10th birthday at the end of October. So in observance of this momentous occasion, I decided to do something special: giveaway 10 free Steam keys for the game and one very special grand prize: a "complete pack" of all the games in the series (which includes UFO:Aftershock, UFO:Aftermath & UFO:Afterlight). That's right, I said FREE. No contests, no hoops to jump through, no facebook popularity contests, just an old-fashioned giveaway!

Even though this isn't a contest, there has to be some ground rules to make it fair for everyone:

1. Be (or become) a member of StrategyCore. This is mandatory as I have to contact the winners through PM.
  2. Do not already own a copy of UFO:Aftershock. I prefer people who haven't played the game yet (if you've played one of the other games in the UFO series, that's ok), but I'll give a copy to those who do not have it in their Steam library already.
  3. Have a Steam account. You can't get the key to work without an account there.
  4. Be willing to let us use your forum name for the winner's list.
  5. Use the game for yourself. I'm not against re-gifting a key to someone else if you deem necessary, but if they are able to enter themselves it's better.

There are two little points I hope everyone can adhere to if you win:

1. Do not resell the game.
  2. Do not trade it for something else.

I can't enforce these, so please act accordingly.

So now you are all wondering how to enter the giveaway, right? It's simple, start a post in this topic with the words "I'm in!". Only one entry will be counted. If you want to make a case for why you want a key, go ahead, but your chances will not increase. tongue.png Guest posts are not eligible to enter and will be ignored. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received, but in my experience you'll have a pretty good opportunity to walk away with a copy. This giveaway will probably remain open for 1 month to give everyone time to enter and will close at or around midnight CST October 31 2015 (though, don't be surprised if I give you till Mon Nov 2). Winners will be announced here in this topic and I will also send them a PM. Unclaimed prizes (I'll give you a couple weeks to reply to my PM) will be sent to the next eligible applicant. Winners will be chosen at random with a random number generator.

Finally, please "Like" this post if you thought this was a good idea. I know my last giveaway was quite popular, but I'm interested to see how many UFO lurkers are around! smile.png

- Zombie

• 2 weeks later...
No contests, no hoops to jump through, no facebook popularity contests, just an old-fashioned giveaway!

. Have a Steam account. You can't get the key to work without an account there.

Hum, not so facebook-less nor old-fashioned... Okay still there is not Starforce.

Even more free and old-fashioned:

https://www.gog.com/game/ufo_aftershock

https://www.dotemu.com/en/download-game/1491/ufo-aftershock

Just to note, the current Steam build is Starforce-free, in case anyone is still worried about it. wink.png And while I do prefer GOG over Steam, I can't complain about the price.

Speaking of price, Steam is running another great deal on UFO:AS and UFO:AM so I picked up 4 more copies of Aftershock to giveaway. That brings the total to 10 UFO:AS plus one grand prize of all the games in the series. I updated my original post to reflect this. smile.png

- Zombie

How long do the participants have, Zombie? I want to warn the places I spammed before you yell

One month - ending Saturday October 31st 2015 at 11:59:59 PM CST, though like I said in my initial post, it might be sometime in the evening on Monday November 2 when I get home from work. This is assuming we get at least 11 applicants by that time. If not, the contest will be extended by one week intervals until 11 or more have applied. wink.png

- Zombie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...