Ascidian, can we finally see them?

Bastiaan

Ok, I was nosing around in the editor when suddenly in some tree I found at the Enforcerbosses the name cyberAscidian, and somewhere else in the tree Ascidian carcass, I don't know scratch of this editor so maybe it's worth a look for someone who does, and can make the ascidian visible. I really wan't to know what he looks like.

I found it, when I clicked cyberascidian, the creature I got to see was the Cyberbeast, one of those end-bosses, there were three actually. Does this mean they used the allied ascidians from alliance for an evil cyber beast in Enforcer........NOOOOOO!!!! :blink:

• 1 month later...

You may or may not know this, but lots of parts of Enforcer was taken from X-COM Alliance. In fact, I think the Professor's lab is what the UGS Patton would have look like, if not for the Cancellation. Maybe they put 'Ascidian carcass' as a mistake, who knows?

I think I may have a look myself.

IonMage:

I think we've sorta got the Ascidians pseudo-described... as Brain said, we've developed our own conceptions and are starting to run totally independent of the main storyline (maybe). No worries, it wasn't our intent to follow it too closely, and it's not in our capability either. A description would be nice anyway though. :blink:

Pod:

You're just unlucky (or lucky, if you can stand the voice :) ). Maybe it's because you are Quebecois? :)

With regards to the Ascidians, I'm not sure... keep in mind the developers are pretty much not interested right now. They can't respond to every request... We can try though.

Maybe it's because you are Quebecois?

LOL. No, I'm sure it's just me. :blink:

Its almost like if all the things that are pitiful are just too pitiful for me to hate, so I just like them because of that. Or maybe because no one else like them, I could say "They're mine, all mine, my... Precious"

Would you like to see my collection of the worst games ever?

In fact, I got one today; it's called: Corporation

• 1 year later...

I believe that the "cyberAscidian" refers to the boss-type that has a chaingun welded onto one of their arms. They show up in a trio in one of the levels, and then sporadically later on. So, it's not too much of a stretch to assume that those guys are what Ascidians were supposed to look like.

[Edit]:

Hey, I like Enforcer. It's got that cheesy-arcade feeling. Just forget that "X-Com" tacked on to the title, and you'll enjoy it a lot more.

[/Edit]

• 5 months later...

I believe it's time for the semi-annual post on this thread. :blink:

I agree with NickAragua really. In its own right, its an ok game. Myself, I'm not much into the arcade style of game, but even so I found it to be enjoyable. Ironically though, if it hadn't been an X-Com title, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much...

Ok, I know I contradicted myself seemingly, but to make it clear, I probably enjoyed it mostly because it was an X-Com game (even only tenuously so), but I would never recommend an X-Com game being made like that. It happened, and we have to deal with it, but too much of that and I'll go nuts. :)