Elite: Dangerous

Space Voyager

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the so called "Salami event" (the killing of Salomé by one of her defenders, CMDR Harry Potter) has calmed down a bit, Obsidian Ant threw a description of alien encounters in Elite.

I might go to Maya system and try the alien interdictions when I return from the galactic core.

I'm about half way back from Sagittarius A* and if I don't crash I might have enough cash to buy an Anaconda, one of the three big ships. Well, I already have enough but just buying a ship is far from comfortably using it. The stock ship is usually pretty much crap and you need to upgrade the modules and weapons and then go for some engineering to get a decent ship. I'm still uncertain whether to equip it in a firepower or exploration direction, but I don't see a huge benefit from another exploration ship as Anaconda can't do anything my current ship couldn't do already. Such is the sad state of exploration where you can't find anything worth picking up.

Oh, I need to upload some pics. And post them just to tease you guys. wink.png

@SV: tease away. tongue.png Alien hunting with an Anaconda - now that sounds like a plan!

::

By the way:

https://images.eurogamer.net/2017/articles/1/8/9/9/9/1/6/the-state-of-elite-dangerous-149450566225.jpg

Eurogamer's Wesley Yin-Poole got some of the most prominent Elite Dangerous players to speak about the state of the game as reported here.

• 3 weeks later...

52 minutes of seemingly useless crap on a community goal. When the length is too much to handle, I take a peek at the comments.

Nothing to see here, no new announcements. Just another CG time sink to string us along, most likely to blue ball us in the end. Suspense can only last so long Frontier, we are very much well past that point now.

Thank you for wasting my fucking time

I won't post the obscene ones. :D

Oh, also interesting, Frontier FINALLY did something about exploits. Exploits were known all along and mostly they were about money. This time it was about module engineering and this seems to have gone over the line. I don't see a huge difference between the two but I'm glad they did something about either.

Ok, I admit this is all somewhat exciting and all. Yet it bothers me that there are no clues given to a player that would guide you to experience all this in a way that would at least seem as a personal experience. People are wildly experimenting with different stuff like taking each version of artefacts into a machine or into space etc. and this is just not my kind of gameplay. As most players I have to except that most of what I'll see in the game is found by chance by players with extreme time to play and extreme will to try thing out with very little chance of success, they will post how to get to it and then the rest of us flock to recreate what we've already seen on Youtube.

Naturally, this is effectively just how it happens in real life. If FD set out to just create a living universe, they are on a good path and the fact that each of players can recreate what others have done is practically a bonus as in real life, one would do the research (of a one-time nature) and interested others would only read about it.

Bah, I don't know, I do want a somewhat more personal experience in games, I have enough of that "you're not the first one to arrive" in life already. :D

• 1 month later...