alien dimension crash

luis

When i raid the first alien dimension building, (rejuvenation facilitie or something like that), the game crashes to the desktop, i have a celeron400MHz 96Mb RAM riva tnt2 card and 3Gb of free HD, if anyone has happened this before, please help... thanks...

:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That happened to me once before too, but it cleared up after a bit.

You might want to try:

a. Start a brand new game and try to get an inter-dimensional troop-transport and try it again. Use a cheat utility if you have to. For example, with XED you can put a Biotrans up on the market that you can buy. In any case, whatever method you decide to use, send in another squad and see if it crashes again. If it does, then something is definitely wrong.

b. Reinstall the game but first make a backup of your save directory and restore it afterwards. Try it again.

c. Reinstall the game and start anew.

d. Zip up the savegame in question and either send it to someone or maybe even put it up on a website so anyone can test it for you. If they experience a crash, then it must be something wrong with the save file itself. It tends to happen you know.

e. Go and buy a cheap second hand computer (your local trade and exchange paper or similar publications should have plenty of bargains), or try it on a friend's computer and bring a copy of the savegame on a disk if you can somehow get it to fit.

f. If you're using the *ahem* pirate edition, well, there's your problem right there. If not, carry on.

g. If your computer can boot into pure dos mode (i.e. win 95 and 98) do so then test the game from there. If you plan to do it with a boot disk, don't forget to have it load the proper drivers, particularly the cd-rom and mouse drivers. If you don't know how to do this, or don't know where to get the drivers, then don't.

Anything might work, but the solution tends to be different from system to system.

- NKF

• 3 weeks later...