Trial?

Brattern

I downloaded x-com enforcer trial (sue me) because i did'nt find it any place.

but when i had played it for a while a webpage appears and tells me to buy the game, or type in a code and e-mail.

do any of you x-com fans know about a code and a e-mail thath work, or any other workarounds????

i'd preciate any help!!!!

$20 eh? The game is worth that much, possibly. I may have paid about that.

The Enforcer TRIAL is probably not coded, I would guess, because it is trial. I don't think the programmers had the idiocy to package the entire program as a trial, and coded it so you couldn't get past a certain part.

Tell them it increses hand-eye coordination... kinda :blink: It's very educational, for example, we're supposed to be coming to the endo of the First Alien War right now, and we need all the practise we can get whilst we're still young for the mega battle coming when T'Leth begins it's long journey back up from the depths of the Gulf of Mexico.

You can never be too prepared :)

:blink:

enforcer isn't a rip off of unreal tournament, its just basedon that engine... what it is, is a mindless kill-everything-in-sight 3rd person shooter. perfect for when you don't want to think, and yet do want to kill stuff without much of a challenge.

everything has its place.

But remember, if you play UT, then that doesn't count towards your "X-Com Hours". Didn't you know? Once you get past 10000 hours, you're promoted to moderator. At 20000 you're promoted to Admin. Pete... we don't talk about how many hours he's been involved in X-Com... :blink:

Heheh, on one hand, we talk of realism. On the other hand, we talk of "Doomism" and carrying a dozen different weapons. Heh, I'd have to say that at least Enforcer is realistic in some sense. X-Com is all about making you decide... You can't have everything. :blink:

Yeah killing hundreds of aliens with a single enforcer.... very realistic. If you look at syndicate, however you see it's possible to carry that many weapons. With a really large trench coat. OH I used to love that game :inlove: unfortunately it's one of them uncompatible ones :blink:

Some sense, not ALL sense, Ice. Heh, I don't think every genius comes from the USA, nor do they all sound so wonderfully stereotypical. :blink: Heh, and let's face it, many X-Com players kill hundreds of aliens with their squad of guys, so it's not THAT different. However, in Enforcer, it's virtually impossible to die... THere's always another medkit... :)

Heh, and I would avoid using Syndicate as an example, you probably couldn't carry eight miniguns under one trenchcoat. :)

who said doom style? anyway, perfectly reasonable to have two weapons it is. one in hand, one on back.

also... no one said realistic as in real... i just meant realistic as in x-com... like run around shoot things and be bloody scared cause a sectoid *can* kill you. instead of taking a mob of chrysalids.

*nods* love syndicate i did... get vmware you should... run old os in a window in your main one it does... makes pc think is has nice simple hardware it does... :blink:

vmware? where? I've been trying to use moslo and that vdms stuff toghether but moslo crashes the game when u try to load a mission. And I really need to know what dir you have to create to save the game sort of forgot :blink:

8 Miniguns is indeed a lot to carry reminds me of that first missions where you can get them. Your agents are real slow until you get some new legs.

And most ppl kill hundreds of aliens with their squads. My best ratio is 1:1 (just kiddin')

vmware... just google for it (as in go to www.google.co.uk and search for vmware workstation).

of course this is only a 30 day trial version or something... you need a serial number to get it working permenantly (ie: buy it)/

i haven't tried it with apoc yet, just ufo collectors edition, and a couple of other old games... the first time ever that ufo has run slowly :blink:

still, it should work.

oh, that directory you needed for savegames was surprisingly called 'savegame' :)