#1 Brattern

new
Brattern

X-COM Apoc Fixer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 10:45 AM

I downloaded x-com enforcer trial (sue me) because i did'nt find it any place.
but when i had played it for a while a webpage appears and tells me to buy the game, or type in a code and e-mail.

do any of you x-com fans know about a code and a e-mail thath work, or any other workarounds????

i'd preciate any help!!!!

#2 Pete

new
Pete

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 11:07 AM

You could always, wait for it, *buy* the game. It's about $5 in some places if you look hard enough :blink:
I want to see the inside of the UFO in my avatar.

#3 Brattern

new
Brattern

X-COM Apoc Fixer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 01:30 PM

yeah, i could, but i'm out of money an if i buy it the shipping will cost 12$, a bit expencive, or what????

so anyone please help me find a working code or a crack, so i could play this awesome game again.

#4 Pete

new
Pete

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 05:27 PM

Refer to your post entitled '?' in the Interceptor forum. You have been warned.

#5 DragonHawk

new
DragonHawk

XCAS Inquisitor

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 05:40 PM

$20 eh?  The game is worth that much, possibly.  I may have paid about that.

The Enforcer TRIAL is probably not coded, I would guess, because it is trial.  I don't think the programmers had the idiocy to package the entire program as a trial, and coded it so you couldn't get past a certain part.
Lance Corporal Derrick "DragonHawk" Ko
Combat Engineer, Kappa Team
X-Com Alliance Sim

#6 Pete

new
Pete

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 05:53 PM

Well stranger things have happened I s'pose DragonHawk :blink:

But $20 isn't a great deal of money. Admittedly it is if you haven't got any, but it's Christmas soon after all - t'is the season to ask for gifts :)

#7 Brattern

new
Brattern

X-COM Apoc Fixer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 07:13 AM

but my parents dont like me playin "stupid" games on my pc.

#8 Pete

new
Pete

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:59 AM

Tell them it increses hand-eye coordination... kinda :blink: It's very educational, for example, we're supposed to be coming to the endo of the First Alien War right now, and we need all the practise we can get whilst we're still young for the mega battle coming when T'Leth begins it's long journey back up from the depths of the Gulf of Mexico.

You can never be too prepared :)

#9 Ice2056

new
Ice2056

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 06:31 PM

You really don't want enforcer.....
It's just a bad rip off of unreal tournament.
"My dungeon will have its own qualified medical staff complete with bodyguards. That way if a prisoner becomes sick and his cellmate tells the guard it's an emergency, the guard will fetch a trauma team instead of opening up the cell for a look." - The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord This Evil Overlord List is Copyright 1996-1997 by Peter Anspach.

#10 Alan

new
Alan

The Voice Of Reason & DB Repair Fairy

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 07:54 PM

:blink:

enforcer isn't a rip off of unreal tournament, its just basedon that engine... what it is, is a mindless kill-everything-in-sight 3rd person shooter. perfect for when you don't want to think, and yet do want to kill stuff without much of a challenge.

everything has its place.
A Target_Tinboy production

#11 Ice2056

new
Ice2056

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 08:19 PM

okay okay. I'm just saying if you've played UT, you'll get the feeling you're playing a really bad mod.
"My dungeon will have its own qualified medical staff complete with bodyguards. That way if a prisoner becomes sick and his cellmate tells the guard it's an emergency, the guard will fetch a trauma team instead of opening up the cell for a look." - The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord This Evil Overlord List is Copyright 1996-1997 by Peter Anspach.

#12 DragonHawk

new
DragonHawk

XCAS Inquisitor

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 09:09 PM

But remember, if you play UT, then that doesn't count towards your "X-Com Hours".  Didn't you know?  Once you get past 10000 hours, you're promoted to moderator.  At 20000 you're promoted to Admin.  Pete...  we don't talk about how many hours he's been involved in X-Com...  :blink:
X-Com Alliance Sim

#13 Ice2056

new
Ice2056

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 09:35 PM

If UT did count dor my X-com hours they would have to come up with something higher than administrator :blink:

#14 Alan

new
Alan

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 09:49 PM

dragonhawk, stop pulling his leg *laughs*  :blink:

and admittedly it do get tempted to re mod enforcer to make it more like a fps and more say like counter strike...

#15 Ice2056

new
Ice2056

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 09:28 AM

A few realistic weapons would be great for enforcer. It's been a long time since I played enforcer but you can have only one weapon at a time right?

#16 Alan

new
Alan

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 10:11 AM

that'd be one of the first things i'd change... if i had the time and could be bothered.  :blink:

#17 DragonHawk

new
DragonHawk

XCAS Inquisitor

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 01:15 PM

Heheh, on one hand, we talk of realism.  On the other hand, we talk of "Doomism" and carrying a dozen different weapons.  Heh, I'd have to say that at least Enforcer is realistic in some sense.  X-Com is all about making you decide...  You can't have everything.   :blink:
X-Com Alliance Sim

#18 Ice2056

new
Ice2056

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 03:34 PM

Yeah killing hundreds of aliens with a single enforcer.... very realistic. If you look at syndicate, however you see it's possible to carry that many weapons. With a really large trench coat. OH I used to love that game  :inlove: unfortunately it's one of them uncompatible ones  :blink:

#19 DragonHawk

new
DragonHawk

XCAS Inquisitor

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 07:30 PM

Some sense, not ALL sense, Ice.  Heh, I don't think every genius comes from the USA, nor do they all sound so wonderfully stereotypical.  :blink:  Heh, and let's face it, many X-Com players kill hundreds of aliens with their squad of guys, so it's not THAT different.  However, in Enforcer, it's virtually impossible to die...   THere's always another medkit...  :)

Heh, and I would avoid using Syndicate as an example, you probably couldn't carry eight miniguns under one trenchcoat.  :)
X-Com Alliance Sim

#20 Alan

new
Alan

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 07:49 PM

who said doom style? anyway, perfectly reasonable to have two weapons it is. one in hand, one on back.

also... no one said realistic as in real... i just meant realistic as in x-com... like run around shoot things and be bloody scared cause a sectoid *can* kill you. instead of taking a mob of chrysalids.

*nods* love syndicate i did... get vmware you should... run old os in a window in your main one it does... makes pc think is has nice simple hardware it does...  :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users