Strategy Core Members Reviews, Opinions, Rants & Raves 2.0

NoXTheRoXStaR

XCOM 2 Polls  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Will Firaxis Stun Us Again With Another Masterpiece?

• Absolutely, this installment will be better than the first.
    • Sequels have a tendency of being mediocre, it can't be any better or any worse.
    • It's malcontent will be so so horrid it will forever mar Turn Based Strategy (TBS)

Since there hasn't been a demo or much news of this game, make your assumptions here.

Hey it could be worse, Firaxis doesn't make a sequel and we're all left waiting for UFO Extraterrestrials 2. sick.gif

If a demo is released before the final product goes "gold", please post a link here.

-NoX

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
silencer_pl:

I've got a feeling that they wanted to combine UFO: Aftershock, Jagged Alliance and theirs XCOM.

Yeah that's what I thought! Spirits are meeting:

Aftershock: The story (failed humans to reconqier their planet), the bugs, the drm (Starforce/Steam)...

Resistance (to posting directly in the news thread where it is all nicely condensed, until we have a larger number of people posting all kinds of ideas on XCOM2) is futile! https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/SpaceVoyager/Smiley/robot-assimilation.gif

That's the problem Space, there isn't going to be a larger number of people posting any kinds of ideas about XCOM 2. Want Proof?

Compare.

Check here and here.

The reason I argued for a subforum was because of Thor's compulsive "News" articles. There was never a place to discuss anything in depth.

Want even more proof?

Click Here.

Zombie, anything you want to add?

-NoX

If you want some form of discussion, better go to Steam forums or 2K forums.

Why would I do that, when this website is primarily focused on X-COM, XCOM games? As shown above, this website was buzzing with conversations about XCOM activity when the reboot was released. What are you saying, silencer, this place is dead?

-NoX

If you want some form of discussion, better go to Steam forums or 2K forums.

No no no, I strongly object. This is definitely the place to have a discussion.

But nobody can force people into posting. Want to have a discussion about something? Start a thread, ASAP! This is the only way. This place definitely did use to be a lot more lively, granted, but people got other priorities. A lot of people check what's up around here but far less of us take the time to post. But the posts you do get are usually much more thought out (mine not included) than Steam.

It's sad to say, but I'm guessing a lot of the newer players introduced to the series through the reboots are likely gravitating to the official forums first, and perhaps form their own forums or social media circles as well. We're not the nexus we once were.

- NKF

Why would I do that, when this website is primarily focused on X-COM, XCOM games? As shown above, this website was buzzing with conversations about XCOM activity when the reboot was released. What are you saying, silencer, this place is dead?

-NoX

Pretty much. There are only few regular posters, and like SV said, many people here are lurkers just to check what's new.

No no no, I strongly object. This is definitely the place to have a discussion.

But nobody can force people into posting. Want to have a discussion about something? Start a thread, ASAP! This is the only way. This place definitely did use to be a lot more lively, granted, but people got other priorities. A lot of people check what's up around here but far less of us take the time to post. But the posts you do get are usually much more thought out (mine not included) than Steam.

I'm not saying it isn't, but if you want to get opinion of more than 5 same old faces, you don't have a choice.

It's sad to say, but I'm guessing a lot of the newer players introduced to the series through the reboots are likely gravitating to the official forums first, and perhaps form their own forums or social media circles as well. We're not the nexus we once were.

- NKF

What (s)he said. ;)

That's the problem Space, there isn't going to be a larger number of people posting any kinds of ideas about XCOM 2.

The reason I argued for a subforum was because of Thor's compulsive "News" articles. There was never a place to discuss anything in depth.

Circular logic? If you knew there wasn't going to be traffic to the new forum, then why argue for it's creation (ignoring Thorondor posts)? If you wanted a place to discuss XCOM2 topics "in depth", then please start a topic and discuss something. It's really easy. Just to note, this forum would have been created whether you petitioned for it or not... eventually - even with the lack of people starting topics for the fact that our roots are X-COM.happy.png

So why don't we have people beating down the doors to discuss this game? Probably because we don't have anything to offer at the moment, be that a preview, review, interview, art, screenshots etc. Content is what drives community. Plus there are so many more places to discuss the game be it social media, official websites, YouTube etc that we get watered down.

Want even more proof?

Click Here.

Zombie, anything you want to add?

Not sure how I'm supposed to respond to the link you posted. Long ago I petitioned GazChap for StrategyCore to host the UFOpaedia Wiki for the simple fact that I was really afraid that the site would disappear. And it almost did a couple times. I knew we would be around a lot longer because there are a few of us here who are die-hard fans of the series. For the most part, this worked out well. You'll have to excuse Pete though, recently he welcomed another addition to his family so he's just a tiny bit distracted. wink.png

- Zombie

Circular logic? If you knew there wasn't going to be traffic to the new forum, then why argue for it's creation (ignoring Thorondor posts)? If you wanted a place to discuss XCOM2 topics "in depth", then please start a topic and discuss something

Well honestly, I didn't know that there wasn't going to be traffic. How would I know? I posted the links to show how the reboot had revitalized S.C., while the sequel has not. I have no problem with Thor posting news or videos based on XCOM2. It was that in order to have a discussion would be hard to do when there's 3 or more posts based in that forum. Meaning IF there was a discussion it would be lost to all of the news/video posts. The subforum would be a place to discuss things in detail while the news would pertain to what's going on outside of the discussion.

If you wanted a place to discuss XCOM2 topics "in depth", then please start a topic and discuss something. It's really easy. Just to note, this forum would have been created whether you petitioned for it or not... eventually - even with the lack of people starting topics for the fact that our roots are X-COM.

- Zombie

That's the thing, there was a sub forum for XCOM before it came out! That's what drew so many people into discussing of the game. However, since there wasn't a sub forum established until much later people had to resort to using the news forum as their main focal point.

Well honestly, I didn't know that there wasn't going to be traffic. How would I know? I posted the links to show how the reboot had revitalized S.C., while the sequel has not.

XCOM:EU is obviously going to have a huge role in jump-starting the community for the simple fact that there was a 10 year span where there wasn't anything new X-COM related. We waited a long time for that. Why would XCOM2 have a bigger effect?

I have no problem with Thor posting news or videos based on XCOM2. It was that in order to have a discussion would be hard to do when there's 3 or more posts based in that forum. Meaning IF there was a discussion it would be lost to all of the news/video posts. The subforum would be a place to discuss things in detail while the news would pertain to what's going on outside of the discussion.

Technically, no. Thor posts his news in the Strategy News forum which is separate from the X-COM/XCOM forums. Any discussion would still be visible the the proper X-COM/XCOM forums. So yes, if people were trying to discuss XCOM2 in the Take-Two news topic, their posts would get lost, but that isn't what happened. See below.

That's the thing, there was a sub forum for XCOM before it came out! That's what drew so many people into discussing of the game. However, since there wasn't a sub forum established until much later people had to resort to using the news forum as their main focal point.

Come now, I created the XCOM2 forum well before the game was even released. Who are these people you refer to, and where's the proof? I looked at the stats for the Take-Two topic, and there isn't anybody new trying to discuss the game there. rolleyes.gif

- Zombie