Take Two!

Thorondor

Wow, didn't expect to see XCOM 2 at GoG this soon. Great news! smile.png

- Zombie

GoG will IMO become more and more a regular gaming platform. It already started with new releases. I love their decision to give us a choice whether to have GoG installed or not though in the end, it was easier to have it than not.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZnpl3hWfVM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39fhpegVBQQ

Welcome to City 31, the beacon city of a new life on Earth - one where humans, aliens and hybrids now coexist under a post-war period of fragile peace. Dangerous conspiracy groups threaten to upend that peace, however, and Chimera Squad, an elite force of human and alien agents, has been mobilized to investigate and put an end to those threats.

Learn all about the new features of XCOM: Chimera Squad, an all new turn-based tactical combat experience in the XCOM universe.

Features:

Unique Alien and Human Agents: Each of the 11 agents have their own distinct personality and tactical abilities, including species-specific attacks like the Viper's tongue pull.

Specialized and Complementary Classes: Execute devastating combos by teaming the right agents and utilizing cooperative actions. The difference between mission success and failure can depend wholly on team composition.

Re-Envisioned Tactical Combat: Missions are structured as a series of discrete, explosive encounters, keeping the action intense and unpredictable.

Breach Mode: Shape the battlefield to your advantage with a new combat phase that injects your squad right into action. Strategically assign your agents to different entry points and coordinate their assault with a range of Breach-specific skills.

Interleaved Turns: An automatic initiative system slots individual agents and enemies into an alternating turn order, creating new strategic possibilities based on what unit is queued to act next - and what unit is at the greatest risk when they do.

Suspenseful Strategy Layer: Outside of combat, manage the operations of a high-tech HQ, where you must prioritize competing tasks, investigations, and agent assignments in the face of a ticking clock: the constantly rising unrest in the city's various districts, driving City 31 closer and closer to total anarchy.

5e94b5b89a937badge_xcs_S_1.png

::

Pre-purchase now possible on Steam 50% off. To be released on the 24th of April. cool.png

[Official site]

He's not a true fan. I bet if you were to ask him via live stream to name 6 aliens from Enemy Unknown/UFO Defense. He'd name 2. Betcha Betcha.

Angry Joe isn't someone I'd wager my money on, he's a YouTuber after all who relies on clicks more than research. I personally think he's a joke.

I've watched a lot of the videos surrounding this game and I don't know what to think.

Is it a cash grab on the franchise? This IS 2K we're talking about....I don't know if it'll be good, evidently if you (pre)order it before May 1st it's only $9.99.

Regardless, this game appears to be a hold over until the third game (remake?) becomes announced.

You can't rename your squad...if someone in your squad dies, the mission is over..

I think I'll pass on this one, if anyone here buys it or otherwise and plays it to completion let us know your thoughts.

-n0x

He's not a true fan. I bet if you were to ask him via live stream to name 6 aliens from Enemy Unknown/UFO Defense. He'd name 2. Betcha Betcha.

Angry Joe isn't someone I'd wager my money on, he's a YouTuber after all who relies on clicks more than research. I personally think he's a joke.

I've watched a lot of the videos surrounding this game and I don't know what to think.

Is it a cash grab on the franchise? This IS 2K we're talking about....I don't know if it'll be good, evidently if you (pre)order it before May 1st it's only $9.99.

Regardless, this game appears to be a hold over until the third game (remake?) becomes announced.

You can't rename your squad...if someone in your squad dies, the mission is over..

I think I'll pass on this one, if anyone here buys it or otherwise and plays it to completion let us know your thoughts.

-n0x

Could be. I'm easily persuaded and usually trust a person that hasn't deceived me before so I never quite trust my judgement. Angry Joe did leave a good impression when some of his reviews of an AAA title was very different from the mainstream and he was also attacked by the developers. Only later has it shown that he was very right in his assessment and the mainstream was, well, mainstream. I can't remember which review that was but it hinted at least that he usually says what he means. Which does not mean he is always right.