Take Two!

Thorondor

I'm guessing the Complete Edition or whatever namesake they'll use will be announced by this Winter/Holiday season. My guess and this is only a guess, 75% sales won't be seen until at least next years Summer sale. I could be wrong but that seems to be the way these things work. Anyone wanna take bets?

-NoX

I have this pre-ordered and was wondering when it would be shipping. Q1 is long since gone and Q2 ends at the end of June. Their website only says Q2. Well, today I get an email update from them stating the release is "late June 2016". Ok, that's fine I guess, but I was hoping more for a solid date than a general month, especially since we are in May. Then again, all of iam8bit's vinyl releases have dates which are just as vague. For instance, their closest release is "The Nice Guys" slated for "next week". Whenever I see general releases of anything with Q1, Q2, Q3 or Q4 I always worry that the people releasing the item aren't finished with it yet, ran into problems and it's delayed, or worse (the UFO:Extraterrestrials 2 fiasco comes to mind). sad.png

I was getting annoyed that I didn't hear anything from iam8bit about the XCOM 2 vinyl that I preordered months ago. All has been quiet, no emails, nothing in the last few weeks. So today I checked out their website to see what gives. It apparently was stealth nerfed to Q3 2016, so, what, am I going to have to wait till September 30 now? Nuts how a business can operate like this. If I knew that it wouldn't be available for months and months, I would have ordered it normally after it came out. sleep.png

And I really LOVE wub.png their refund policy:

For Pre-Order items, cancellations will be accepted for 14 days after the order is placed unless otherwise noted in the product description.

So I can't even cancel the order, even if I wanted to. yucky.gif

Edit: found an email from July 1 in my junk box (dunno how it got there), which states Mid-July 2016.

- Zombie

found an email from July 1 in my junk box (dunno how it got there), which states Mid-July 2016.

At this point in time, Zombie, you must have come to appreciate how good a job they actually do making you want the ordered item that much more badly.

By the time it does eventually get to you (Christmas or something) the elation will be real. :P

::

And that refund policy of theirs for pre-order items? Absolutely - lovely. :sarcastic:

• 2 weeks later...

Another update on the vinyl music from XCOM 2: iam8bit sent a form email a couple weeks ago stating it would ship at the end of July. Well, that was obviously a no-go as it's August now. There is a glimmer of hope though: the email mentioned that the FTL vinyl soundtrack was shipping (but you can still pre-order it on their website for some odd reason). FTL and XCOM 2's soundtracks were originally slated to ship at the same time, so yeah. I'm still not convinced though. tank.gif

- Zombie

Good news: got an email today from iam8bit:

Thank you for your order from iam8bit! We wanted to let you know that your order (#XXXXX) was shipped via FedEx, FedEx Home Delivery® on 8/3/2016. You can track your package at any time using the link below.

Slated delivery date is Tuesday, 8/9/2016. So still no birthday presents for me. Oh well, I'll get a bunch of goodies after my birthday so it'll work out in the end. smile.png

Edit: what's strange is that the digital version of the soundtrack is included inside the vinyl package - it's not a download or anything. Have no idea if it's a piece of paper with a code on it to a DL site, or a thumb drive, or something else entirely. Will update when I know more, but I was hoping to get it beforehand so I could enjoy it. cry.gif

- Zombie

About that digital version of the soundtrack, Zombie, there's perhaps a slim (literally) chance you may get a CD.

It's certainly not impossible - like those that come with books, inside paper sleeves and the like.

Still, the most important is finally having this thing shipped and on the way to you. :)

Mr. T, remember this is two LP's worth of music. I count 37 tracks total. Can that fit on a single CD? Sure, if the tracks aren't long. If we assume each track is 2 minutes or less, that's 74 minutes total which is what fits on a CD (gotta love convenient math). So maybe it's 2 CDs? Or some other method. ;)

- Zombie

Well put.

Ironically, this reminds of a certain kind of trick question in early math tests.

Say: "How many CDs can you fit in two double-sided vinyls known to be capable of holding a total of 37 tracks with a minimum of 74 minutes of music?" :P

Anyway, shouldn't take too long now for you to find out what's what, Zombie. :)

@silencer: here's something for the PC master race then. ;)

05xcom2longwaralienpack.jpg

This mod adds a series of new enemies to XCOM 2. It is an update to the Muton Centurion pack and replaces it entirely.

The new Long War Alien Pack has, well, more aliens to invade us as detailed over at its Steam Workshop page.

Yeah I've read. Anyway I've tried all those addons, and its pretty mediocre. That Anarchy update doesn't contain much that I would like, which is a shame. Probably would have to look for more hair mods.

Well anyway here are some my few 5 minutes modifications to last roster:

https://i65.tinypic.com/24djz7m.jpg

https://i63.tinypic.com/24fbpqd.jpg

https://i68.tinypic.com/2ucz.jpg

https://i63.tinypic.com/33f7yuo.jpg

https://i66.tinypic.com/2eatrvk.jpg

https://i66.tinypic.com/a4u2a0.jpg

https://i67.tinypic.com/sbplon.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Wouldn't it be better for co-op in mutliplayer I mean have 2vs2 , 3vs3 etc not just 1vs1?

I guess they figure it could get confusing? Depending on the amount of units per player per team. They'd probably have to limit the size, I'd also assume the maps would have to be larger if say 3 vs 3 with 5-6 units each.

XCOM_wantedPT1.jpg

The pop culture art of XCOM 2 is the subject of the latest dev blog entry.

That's some cool artwork, I find it odd though that only 4 out of the 6 aliens have their names across their midsections.

-NoX

I guess they figure it could get confusing? Depending on the amount of units per player per team. They'd probably have to limit the size, I'd also assume the maps would have to be larger if say 3 vs 3 will 5-6 units each.

I'm not seeing any problems in current era.

• 4 weeks later...