Take Two!

Thorondor

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/16/feb/xhard1.jpg

::

RPS' Alec Meer has word from Firaxis' Jake Solomon about how the developers went about ramping up the difficulty for XCOM 2 here.

Seems like a little déjà vu all over again. Remember when UFO: EU was deemed too easy (because of the unidentified difficulty bug which reverted the game to Beginner skill level), so the devs made it much more difficult for TFTD? Not quite the same thing here as XCOM EU didn't have a difficulty bug, but it's funny how games 20 years apart are seeing the same thing. Of course, most games have the ubers complaining they need more of a challenge, while the casuals have trouble getting off the ground. Fact of life. wink.png

- Zombie

Who cares for casuals. People complain on difficulty because of the timed missions, which for some missions the timers are cranked way too much. The only difficult level is Legendary level, but only because everything costs twice as much and take twice as long to build.

So yeah if you are losing on normal, then there is something wrong with you and not game being hard.

This is tragic, and many people play like this and then complain how hard this game is. Sigh.

Oh c'mon they're just making a fun of it and actually it's really funny (for me at least).

As for people who are playing like that because they're dumb - who cares?!

But this video made me realize what's wrong IMHO with X-Com 2. It's to freakin' eye candish.

All this action movie parkour style running, occasionally with 200 pound body, all those shooting animations when You can't hit a guy who's like 15 meters away,

I know they are making fun, but they could do it in better style. As for the people? If there are plenty people whining about difficulty and the devs take pity and reduce the difficulty then the players who want harder difficulty suffer, because they are in minority. Sometimes it's hard to find something useful in steam forums or other forums, because in such cases 95% content of the forums are just whines of people who have problems of game not finishing on it's own. The degradation of difficulty in games is bigger, the bigger the player base is (mostly). Not to mention that lots of them scream for Long War v2.

Does it shoot pigeons instead of bullets? happy.png

- Zombie

Let's continue with wacky imagination.

Here is Mr. Happy, er Space Voyager. At first look nothing special

https://i65.tinypic.com/2m30klt.jpg

But he is using his Happy Gun. I first tried to use Happy Thoughts, but the default naming constraint doesn't allow such long words, so let's pretend his Happy gun, shoots Happy Thoughts at the aliens.

Game was due out in November of 2015. Game was postponed due to potentially cut content, iron out bugs, fixes. Revised, February. Massive amount of bugs persist. Journalist (trustworthy) are incapable of giving it a 10 out of 10. A slew of mods come out. No one seems to mention that this game is a rinse and repeat of the reboots iteration. If playing on a higher difficulty means every "soldier" has the potential to die whilst taking into consideration save scumming. Doesn't customizing your soldier become a moot point? That being said, is the customization on par with dressing up your Barbie Dolls?

-NoX