Take Two!

Thorondor

::

With a November 5th release now in close proximity, this video offers vital insight into the iPhone and iPad experience for commanders preparing to take Earth's resistance mobile.

Join the Feral team as they configure squads, engage in tactical combat, and explore the touch controls of XCOM’s brand new iOS deployment.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

XCOM2iOS_Patch_520x326_Main.jpg

::

Mobile commanders are given even more control in the latest update for XCOM 2 Collection, touching down on iPad and iPhone today, which can now be optimised in up to three ways, choosing between improved performance, battery life or graphical fidelity.

This new update also sees improvements to default movement controls, as well as numerous other tweaks and layers of polish. A full list of improvements is below:

• Allows players to enable Energy Saver mode (option not available on iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone X or iPad 7th Gen 2019)

• Additional option to increase graphical fidelity; available on iPhone XS / XS Max, all iPhones since iPhone 11, iPad Air 2020 and iPad Pro models released since 2018

• Updates the design of the Camera Elevation Marker

• Fixes a number of minor issues

Grrr, they still haven't released the Android version of this game! You know that doesn't surprise me much, the mobile versions left out a few things in the EU/EW reboot. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Tactical Legacy Pack still a PC exclusive?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Yeah, n0x, there's just no telling what timeframe we might be talking about, but I wouldn't venture any time soon.

This is because Firaxis is known to operate in a two team setup, and Civilization being their perennial moneymaker you know what Team 1 is busy with. Marvel's Midnight Suns being a 2022 release for Team 2 with no specified launch date as of yet mostly pushes any eventual XCOM sequel release to 2023 or, more likely, beyond.

There's also an outside chance that 2K Games may have put another outfit altogether working on the game but, even if so, that would put a very big question mark on the quality of the outing we'd get.

As such, I'd rather wait longer and get something better. wink.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...