Take Two!

Thorondor

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/433080/header.jpg?t=1458234309

This rebellion-themed content pack introduces more than 100 new exotic customizations for the entire arsenal of armors available to your XCOM soldiers. These options are purely cosmetic and do not alter the stats of a soldier.

::

Anarchy's Children DLC is now out and available on Steam.

• 2 weeks later...

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0580/0965/products/XCOM-Vinyl-Final-2_1024x1024.png?v=1455130563

Both XCOM and XCOM 2 soundtracks in vinyl (and digital included) are currently available for pre-order at iam8bit and to ship by Q2.

I have this pre-ordered and was wondering when it would be shipping. Q1 is long since gone and Q2 ends at the end of June. Their website only says Q2. Well, today I get an email update from them stating the release is "late June 2016". Ok, that's fine I guess, but I was hoping more for a solid date than a general month, especially since we are in May. Then again, all of iam8bit's vinyl releases have dates which are just as vague. For instance, their closest release is "The Nice Guys" slated for "next week". Whenever I see general releases of anything with Q1, Q2, Q3 or Q4 I always worry that the people releasing the item aren't finished with it yet, ran into problems and it's delayed, or worse (the UFO:Extraterrestrials 2 fiasco comes to mind). :(

- Zombie

@Zombie: availability dates, shipping dates, pre-order estimates = general disappointment. Yep. wink.png

Deviant Art's SidySeven made this neat custom XCOM 2 desktop icon:

https://orig06.deviantart.net/81fe/f/2016/115/c/c/xcom_2_png_icon_2_by_s7_by_sidyseven-da07t5b.png

reneli0621_alienhunters_keyart_yyzabc369.jpg

New DLC for XCOM 2 has now been announced:

Alien Hunters features a narrative-driven mission, new weapons and armor, a new "Hunter’s Lodge" update to the Avenger's Armory, plus three new "Ruler" alien units to combat.

These new Rulers, including the Viper King, are quite formidable, Commander. They will show up at random in your campaign, once you've completed the new narrative mission, and each will have their own unique behavior and tactics, so don't expect them to act like their subordinates. If you can't take out a ruler quick enough, the alien will escape to fight another day. We believe these rulers are incredibly intelligent and are pursuing your soldiers across the globe.

You won't be without help in this new fight, however, as Alien Hunters also includes four new one-of-a-kind weapons: the Bolt Caster, a high damage single-shot weapon; the Hunter's Axe, a powerful new blade weapon that can be thrown at enemies or used to dispatch foes at close range; the ShadowKeeper pistol, which has the Shadowfall ability that is guaranteed to hit and will place its user in concealment if the enemy is killed; and the Frost Bomb grenade, which is able to temporarily freeze targets. Chief Shen has asked us to point out that each of these weapons is a prototype, so if a soldier equipping any of these weapons falls in battle, be sure to physically carry them to the Skyranger or else you'll lose the weapons forever.

On top of the new weapons, there are also three new suits of armor that can be unlocked in Alien Hunters. Each armor set is created from the corpse of a Ruler alien, and provides unique tactical abilities for the wearer. Each unique armor set also strikes fear into the subordinate alien caste. For example, the Icarus Suit is outfitted with powerful boosters that allow its wearer to fly around the map for maximum mobility.

Alien Hunters will also include a compatibility patch for XCOM 2. This patch will include authentication for Alien Hunters, as well as general bug fixes, balancing in the single player, performance optimizations and a rebalanced multiplayer experience for the base game.

XCOM 2's second DLC pack is Coming May 12th